Granada City Tour From Managua With Boat Ride On Lake Nicaragua
OverviewExperience the colonial city of Granada and the enormous Lake Nicaragua on this day trip from Managua. In the city, visit the Casa de los Tres Mundos cultural center, tour the Convent and Museum of San Francisco, browse local markets and admire gorgeous architecture around the main square, Parque Central. Then, hop in a boat for a cruise around Lake Nicaraguas archipelago of tiny tropical islands. Learn about the islands ecosystems from your guide and see native flora and fauna. Round-trip transportation from Managua hotels is included.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your Managua hotel, your day trip to Granada starts as you head southeast with your guide to the shore of Lake Nicaragua, on which Granada sits.
Begin your Granada tour with a visit to the cultural center of Casa de los Tres Mundos. Created to support and promote cultural projects in Nicaragua and the rest of Central America, Casa de los Tres Mundos is located in a beautiful colonial mansion, which youll tour with your guide. Browse through the art gallery that includes paintings from local artists, and learn the history behind the center from your guide. Next, head Parque Central and browse local markets and admire colonial architecture as you make your way to the Convent and Museum of San Francisco, a striking colonial church with a blue facade. Tour the impressive museum inside the church, where you'll see pre-Colombian statues and pottery. Then, visit a nearby colonial-style house for lunch (own expense).
After lunch, your Lake Nicaragua adventure begins as you board a boat for a cruise to around 365 tiny tropical islands. Stay on the boat, cruising around the islands and learning about the lush flora from your guide. Marvel at Mombacho Volcano while cruising through the small islands, formed over 10,000 years ago when the volcano erupted. Keep an eye out for native birds like tanagers, hawks, jays and warblers, and listen to your guides commentary about the history of the islands and of Lake Nicaragua, which is home to freshwater sharks and sawfish.
After your boat ride, you'll be transported back to your Managua hotel.
Inclusions for Granada City Tour From Managua With Boat Ride On Lake Nicaragua
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Boat ride on Lake Nicaragua
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Granada City Tour From Managua With Boat Ride On Lake Nicaragua
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.