Scout out Granadas top tapas bars while learning about the citys history on a 2.5-hour evening walking tour! Taking place around the Albaicin neighborhood where Granadas history is etched into the streets, the tour visits four locally loved tapas bars in between sightseeing. See Plaza Nueva, Santa Ana Church and the famous vantage point of Mirador San NicolÃ¡s; learn about the Moors who once ruled the city; and savor small plates of delicious tapas alongside a select drink in each bar.
Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention at all times.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourMeet your friendly local guide near Granadas Plaza Nueva, the citys oldest square, and then set off on your 2.5-hour walking tour around the citys Albaicin neighborhood to discover its best tapas bars. Spains passion for small-plate tapas meals is believed to have originated in the 13th century when King Alfonso decreed it law that bars must serve food with drinks. The bar owners grew elaborate with their offerings over the years, prompting the tantalizing tapas scene that is seen in Granada today.
The exact itinerary will be decided on the day of your tour by your guide; however you will definitely visit at least three of Granadas best tapas bars to feast on small plates of specialties like classic paella and Spanish omelet (may vary depending on availability). Alongside the food, savor wine, draught beer or soft drinks (one glass in each bar) and enjoy tapas just as the Spanish do!
On your way from bar to bar, your guide will point out some of Granadas top historical sights, too. Learn of Granada when it ruled by the Moors (Spains bygone Muslims) on a stroll past Plaza Nueva and the Royal Chancery of Granada; see where the citys present-day Muslims hang out at Calderera Vieja, a bustling street lined with tea houses; and hear of local Muslim prayer traditions on a visit to the Church of San Jos (outside only) .
Marvel at the Mudejar-style architecture of Santa Ana Church, and admire views of the UNESCO-listed Alhambra palace complex and mountains of Sierra Nevada from Mirador San Nicols. Look out for the crmenes (grand houses) and Arabic cisterns that typify the streets of Albaicin, and learn all about the changes to the neighborhood since the days of the Moors.
After 2.5 hours exploring the area and its beloved tapas bars, walk back to the start point where your tour finishes.
Inclusions for Granada Tapas Walking Tour
- Local guide
- 3 drinks and 3 plates of tapas
- Wine tasting
Exclusions for Granada Tapas Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Alcohol cannot be served to people under the legal drinking age of 18; ID may be required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Granada Walking Tour
- Granada Flamenco Show In Albaicin With Optional Dinner
- Granada Private Tour
- Granada Cathedral And Royal Chapel Tour With Spanish-Speaking Guide
- Private Tour: Cordoba Day Trip From Granada
- Flamenco Show At Sacromonte Caves In Granada
- 4WD Sierra Nevada Safari Tour In Granada
- Private Tour: Flamenco Dance Lesson In A Granada Sacromonte Cave
- Private Transfer In Granada And Airport
- Private Guided Walking Tour In Granada