Grand Bahama Shark Dive - Freeport
OverviewAdd a little underwater adventure to your Bahamas vacation with a shark dive. Under the expert supervision of a shark diver, explore the crystal-clear waters off the coast of Freeport for an up-close look at Caribbean reef sharks. When your guide temporarily immobilizes a shark with a safe massage technique, youll have the chance to look closely at its features. This dive is limited to 10 people so you can enjoy a small-group experience. Note that one normal dive needs to be done in advance and prior to doing the Caribbean reef Shark Dive (not included in the price).
- Led by a local guide
- All necessary equipment included
Know More about this tourYour diving tour starts at the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach hotel, where youll check in and be fitted with all of your scuba gear. Meet your guide, an experienced shark diver, who will brief you about what to expect on your dive.
Hear about the type of sharks youll see underwater (Caribbean reef sharks, lemon sharks or nurse sharks), and learn about their behavior and the procedures you must follow to dive with them. Then board the dive boat and head out to the open sea to a dive spot known as Shark Alley.
After the 15-minute boat ride, jump in the water with your guide and sink down about 50 feet (15 meters) to the sea floor. As your guide becomes surrounded by sharks and tropical fish, watch as he attracts a shark and gently massages its nose, making the shark calm and very relaxed.
In this temporary state, the shark wont move, and your guide can guide the shark over to you so you can get an up-close look. This process will be repeated with a few more sharks, so you have plenty of opportunities to study these graceful and mysterious creatures.
Your guide will then check your oxygen consumption in your tank and lead you back to the boat when its time to return to the fresh air. Your tour ends when you arrive back at the dive shop.
All participants must be certified divers. Also note that one normal dive must be completed in advance and prior to participating in this shark dive (not included in the price).Please note tour can be purchased by Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Hotel guests only.
Inclusions for Grand Bahama Shark Dive
- Use of scuba equipment
- Expert shark dive guide
- HD video of your dive, sent via email
Exclusions for Grand Bahama Shark Dive
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note tour can be purchased by Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Hotel guests only.
Evidence of dive certification with less than a 1-year break since your last dive is required in order to participate in this dive
All diving activities are subject to weather conditions
Diving within 24 hours of flying is not recommended; all participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving; some pre-existing medical conditions (e.g. asthma and heart conditions) may prevent you from diving, so please consult your doctor
Minimum age to dive is 10 years old; must be certified, and a parent/guardian must give consent
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You must follow the strict instructions of your dive guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Western Heritage and Snorkel Tour
- Sea and Sea National Park and Shark Junction
- Freeport Shore Snorkel Tour
- Small Group Off-Road East Grand Bahamas Tour with Hotel Pickup
- Paradise Cove Day Pass with Transport from Freeport
- Stingray Snorkel Eco-Tour at Sandy Cay
- Stingray and Multi-Reef Snorkeling Eco-Tour
- Boat Wreck and Reef Snorkling Eco-Tour