Grand Tour Of Christchurch Including Botanic Gardens, Gondola And Hop-On Hop-Off Tram
OverviewDiscover Christchurch on a half-day tour that includes transportation and tickets to four top attractions. Youll explore the Christchurch Botanic Gardens by caterpillar shuttle, float down the Avon River, soar into the hills on the Christchurch Gondola and take a hop-on hop-off tour of the city center on the Christchurch Tram. This guided tour also includes stops at the vibrant Re:START shopping district and the coastal communities of Sumner and Redcliffs. Save money with this multi-attraction tour that showcases the highlights of a beautiful city.
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, board an air-conditioned coach to begin your Christchurch sightseeing adventure, enjoying informative narration from your knowledgeable guide during the drive.
Your first activity is a 30-minute boat ride on the tranquil Avon River by punt, a traditional flat-bottomed boat. Share the small, comfortable boat with a couple of companions, and listen to the commentary of your punter, who guides you along the scenic waterway.
Adjacent to the Avon River, the Christchurch Botanic Gardens sit on 52 acres (21 hectares) of beautifully landscaped space. Explore the gardens on a caterpillar tour (an open-air shuttle) that takes you past exotic and native plant species. Stop for a closer look at areas such as the glass conservatories that house tropical vegetation, 250 varieties of roses, or an herb garden that features plants known for medicinal and culinary uses.
After lunch, take in the scenery as you travel through the coastal suburbs of Sumner and Redcliffs. See sights like Cave Rock, an unusual volcanic rock formation on Sumner Beach with great views of the coast. Then head to the Christchurch Gondola, an enclosed cabin that glides up the Port Hills to Summit Station. Disembark at the top, 1,500 feet (500 meters) above sea level, to admire panoramic views over Christchurch, Lyttelton Harbour (Whakaraupo) and the Southern Alps. An audiovisual exhibit called The Time Tunnel describes the regions natural and human history. You'll also have some time here for lunch.
Your tour ends in town at the Christchurch Tram. You have the rest of the day to ride the elegant heritage tram, which operates as a hop-on hop-off tour. Disembark at any of the 17 stops to explore the city center on your own or explore Re:START shopping district, a popular spot that exemplifies Christchurchs recovery after the devastation of the 2011 earthquake. The innovative outdoor mall features shops and eateries in sturdy, colorful designer shipping containers.
Inclusions for Grand Tour Of Christchurch Including Botanic Gardens, Gondola And Hop-On Hop-Off Tram
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens caterpillar tour
- 30-minute Avon River punt ride
- Christchurch Tram hop-on hop-off ticket
- Christchurch Gondola ride
- Hotel pickup (call 03 366 7830 before 9.30am to arrange pick up)
Exclusions for Grand Tour Of Christchurch Including Botanic Gardens, Gondola And Hop-On Hop-Off Tram
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transport to/from the attractions
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable shoes
Children must be accompanied by an adult
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
All customer must be at the pickup location at the given time.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 10-Day South Island Adventure from Christchurch
- Helicopter Trial Flight - fly a helicopter
- 7-Hour Christchurch Tour from Akaroa Wharf
- Private Tour or Transfer to Queenstown
- Private Day Tour Tekapo
- Private Tour or Transfer to Franz Josef Glacier
- Christchurch City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Pelennor Fields Two Hour Tour