Grand Tour Of St Petersburg - Saint Petersburg
OverviewThe Grand Tour of St Petersburg offers visitors the opportunity to take in as much as possible of the city in a day's sightseeing: a complete tour of St Petersburg's most famous sites from the comfort of a car or mini van and with a knowledgeable and experienced guide. The tour is an excellent introduction to St Petersburg -- the second largest and most beautiful city in Russia. Over almost 300 years of its history St Petersburg accumulated all the grandeur of the Russian Imperial Court and became one of the largest centers of culture and science. Numbers are limited to six people on this small-group tour, ensuring you'll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourYou have the option to combine the Grand Tour St Petersburg with the following tours:
- Grand Tour St Petersburg + Peter and Paul's Fortress
The Peter and Paul Fortress - the oldest and most historical construction in Saint Petersburg and put up for fortification purposes but never been attacked. It had for almost two centuries served as a burial place for Russian emperors. The last Russian tsar, Nicholas II, and his family were buried in the cathedral's small St Catherine chapel in 1998.
- Grand Tour St Petersburg and St Isaac's Cathedral
St Petersburg Highlights Tour visiting magnificent St Isaac's Cathedral, formerly the Russia's principal cathedral.
- Grand Tour St Petersburg and Hermitage Museum
Hermitage - the second largest art museum in the world and the main tourist attraction of St Petersburg. See all the great masterpieces of the world's art in several hours with a comment of a knowledgeable expert-guide.
- Grand Tour St Petersburg, Peter and Paul's Fortress, St Isaac's Cathedral,Savior-on-blood Church , Lunch and Hermitage Museum
Comprehensive all-day tour of St Petersburg sites, including Peter and Paul Fortress and Cathedral, spectacular St Isaac's Cathedral, an elegant lunch and a 2-hour guided excursion to the famous Hermitage Museum.
Inclusions for Grand Tour Of St Petersburg
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick up (drop off only for "Tour only" and "Tour and Fortress")
- Transportation by air conditioned comfortable vehicle
- Assistance of an English-speaking local guide (German and French languages upon request, Italian and Spanish languages upon request with a supplement of EUR 20 per passenger)
- Lunch (for all inclusive tour only)
Exclusions for Grand Tour Of St Petersburg
- Optional gratuities
- Food and drink, unless specified
Itinerary:GRAND TOUR, HIGHLIGHTS OF ST.PETERSBURG (3 hours duration)
During the comprehensive tour you will see all the main highlights of St Petersburg: Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospect, Kazan Cathedral, Stroganov Palace, Admiralty, Palace Square, Peter and Paul Fortress, Naval Museum, St. Petersburg University, Menshikov Palace, Academy of Fine Arts, Senate Square, monument to Peter the Great (the Bronze Horseman), Isaac's Square, Mariinsky Palace, monument to Nicolas II, St. Isaac's Cathedral, Palace Embankment, Marsovo Fields, Summer Gardens, Alexandrinsky Theatre, Rastrelly Square, Smolny Cathedral, Anichkov Palace, monument to Catherine the Great, Square of Arts, State Russian Museum, Koniushennaya Square, Cathedral of Saviour-on-the-Spilled Blood as well as the numerous canals and rivers, beautiful bridges crossing them. Your guide will tell you the story of the city, the events that have left their scars, its optimistic and dramatic plans for the future, together with anecdotes about its strange, friendly and colorful inhabitants, and answer any questions you may have about this most fascinating of cities.
GRAND TOUR, FORTRESS OF PETER AND PAUL (3 hours duration)
During this tour you also visit The Peter & Paul Fortress - the oldest and most historical construction in Saint-Petersburg. The Peter and Paul Fortress put up for fortification purposes but never been attacked.The Peter and Paul Cathedral is a unique sample of Russian 18th-century architecture that has reached us. It had for almost two centuries served as a burial-place for Russian emperors. The last Russian tsar- Nicholas II and his family were buried in the cathedral's small St. Catherine chapel in 1998.
GRAND TOUR, ST.ISAAC'S CATHEDRAL (3 hours duration)
St. Isaac's Cathedral, built in St. Petersburg in 1858 by the architect Montferrand, is the fourth highest among the world's cathedrals under the single cupolas. It follows St Peter's in Rome, St. Paul's in London and Santa Maria del Fiorre in Florence. The richly-adorned interior, lined with marble, and with malachite and lazurite columns, was intended for up to 10 000 worshippers. Standing on the broad Isaac's Square, its golden dome can be seen all over the city. On a clear day, the observation platform at the foot of the dome commands a fine view over St. Petersburg and its surroundings.
GRAND TOUR, HERMITAGE MUSEUM (4 hours duration)
The Hermitage Museum is Russia's best gallery of world art, one of the most prominent art museums in the world and definitely the main tourist attraction of St Petersburg. Nowadays, the Hermitage has about 2.7 million exhibits and displays a full range of world art from Ancient Egypt to early 20th century Europe. It includes works by Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Titian, unique collections of Rembrandt, Rubens, French Impressionists (Renoir, Cezanne, Manet, Monet, Pissarro), plus Van Gogh, Matisse, Gaugin and sculptures by Rodin. The collection is huge and very exciting. It had been calculated that if you decide to spend only one minute in front of each exhibit, you will have to stay in the Hermitage for 11 years, but on the tour you will have an opportunity to see all the great masterpieces of the world's art at a glance in several hours with a comment of a knowledgeable expert-guide.
GRAND TOUR, FORTRESS OF PETER AND PAUL, ST.ISAAC'S CATHEDRAL, SAVIOR-ON-BLOOD CHURCH, LUNCH, HERMITAGE MUSEUM (8 hours duration)
The "Grand Tour" offers visitors the opportunity to take in as much as possible of the city in a day's sightseeing, from the comfort of a car or mini van and with a knowledgeable and experienced guide. You will take a complete tour of Saint-Petersburg most famous sites beginning with the neo-classical splendor of St Isaac's Cathedral, geometry of the Palace Square, visiting the oldest construction of Saint-Petersburg- Peter & Paul's Fortress and the Cathedral- the burial vault of Romanovs' family. Thereafter a visit to the Savior-on-Blood Church. The tour includes an elegant lunch in the restaurant serving traditional Russian cuisine. In the afternoon a 2-hour guided excursion in the largest museum of Russia and one of the richest museums of the world -The State Museum of the Hermitage- to finalize your excellent introduction to St Petersburg. (When the tour is finished, it is possible to stay longer on your own, however you must make your own arrangements back to your hotel).
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Before entering the Hermitage Museum, everyone must queue to cross the metal-detector
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Passengers arriving at St Petersburg Port are subject to a EUR100 surcharge due to local port and border taxes
The Tour does not operates for the Cruise ship passengers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Russian Bath Experience at Yamskaya Banya in St Petersburg with 3-Course Russian Lunch & Russian Vodka
- Saint Petersburg Pulkovo Airport Transfer Service
- St Petersburg Walk-and-Talk Tour
- Private Tour: St Petersburg Walking Tour
- Gifts or Fashion Shopping with a Local in St.Petersburg
- Shore Excursion: Visa-Free 2 Day All Highlights Tour in Small Group