OverviewTake an unique approach to typical island sightseeing with a bird-watching tour by tram. While you travel around Grand Turk with a naturalist guide to see scenic attractions like the salt ponds, you'll also catch sight of various Caribbean birds flamingos, blue herons, whistling ducks and frigate birds, to name a few in their natural habitats. From the comfort of the open-sided tram, enjoy excellent photo opportunities and soak up the fresh island air.
Know More about this tourBegin your 45-minute bird-watching escapade at the tram station on the southern end of Grand Turk. After meeting your knowledgeable naturalist guide, hop aboard the open-sided tram and set off around the island.
Travel around the natural salt ponds that once provided Grand Turk with a lucrative trade and are now home to native birds like flamingos. Journey past lagoons and marshes, and stop by hidden gardens to discover local bird habitats. The possible bird species you’ll see include brown pelicans, blue herons, magnificent frigate birds, West Indian whistling ducks, stilts, hummingbirds and songbirds.
During your tour, learn about the habits and environments of the birds from your guide, and use the photos in your provided bird guidebook to identify species as you go. There will be plenty of opportunities to take photos of the birds and the beautiful tropical scenery. Your tour concludes with return to the tram station.
Inclusions for Grand Turk Bird-Watching Tour By Tram
- Local naturalist guide
- Transport by open-air tram
- Bird guidebook
Exclusions for Grand Turk Bird-Watching Tour By Tram
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.