OverviewTake in the highlights of Grand Turk on a 90-minute coach tour with informative commentary from your expert local guide. See the former US Air Force base where NASA kept track of early space launches, and take photos of John Glenns spacecraft the Friendship 7. Enjoy time to explore the shops and historic buildings downtown, then head north to see the Grand Turk Lighthouse. Pass by ancient salt ponds and the Salt Museum and keep an eye out for pink flamingos, brown pelicans and wild horses!
- Family friendly
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your knowledgeable local guide at White Sands Beach where you board your air-conditioned coach.
First, head to the former US Air Force base, where NASA tracked space launches in the late 1950s and 1960s. On Feb 20, 1962, when astronaut John Glenn became the first American to orbit Earth, his spacecraft the Friendship 7 splashed down in the waters off Grand Turk. Glenn was taken to this base, where Vice President Lyndon Johnson arrived several days later to congratulate him.
Motor along historic Duke Street, where a number of dive shops, small hotels, and 19th-century Bermuda-style houses are located. Your coach stops for about 15 minutes so you can walk around the historic buildings and souvenir shops. You might want to purchase a snack or refreshment to sample the local flavors.
After exploring downtown, reboard your coach and drive north to the highest point of Grand Turk, at the end of the island. Stop at the lighthouse and snap photos of the landmark beacon that sits atop limestone cliffs.
Continue past centuries-old salt ponds and the nearby Salt Museum. Your guide explains the history of the salt trade in the Turks, where islanders once used the ponds to harvest the mineral to sell as an export. You might glimpse endangered pink flamingos, and brown pelicans in this area, or even catch sight of wild horses that roam the island!
After 90 minutes, return to your starting point where your tour ends. When it's finally time to end your trip on Grand Turk Island, keep an eye out for a replica of the Friendship 7 at the entrance of the JAGS McCartney International Airport.
Inclusions for Grand Turk Sightseeing Tour
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Grand Turk Sightseeing Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.