OverviewIn this small-group kayak tour, set off from the dock on Granville Island and paddle away in the protected waters of False Creek. This calm waterway is full of interesting commerce, floating homes, marinas, birds, seals and unique vistas of the city’s attractions - such as Science World and BC Place Stadium. With lots of stops to recount Vancouver’s heritage, your guide will take you for a relaxing kayaking experience. While you’re here, check out the retail store, enjoy lunch at one of the many restaurants or explore all the unique things that Granville Island has to offer.
- Popular choice with kids
- Small group ensures personal service
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Get inside tips from a local
- Close encounter with wildlife
Know More about this tour
Please check-in 10-15 minutes in advance of your tour start time. The first part of your tour will be spent getting set up in your kayak and lifejacket, as well as getting familiar with how to use a paddle. There will also be a short safety briefing on paddling as a group before getting on the water.
Following this, you’ll launch on our dock and have some time on the water to get comfortable and practice kayaking before setting off along the shoreline to take in the sights. Our passionate guides are excited to meet you, share their favourite stories and help you experience from Vancouver from the unique perspective of a kayak.
Tour is designed for those with no kayaking experience. We always paddle at a relaxed pace to take in the sights and stop for photos, so anyone with moderate fitness can easily join this tour! Please let us know in advance if you have any condition that may affect your ability to paddle or enter a kayak from a dock. We’ll work with you to find a way to get you out paddling.
Inclusions for Granville Island Kayak Tour
- Kayak rental and gear
Exclusions for Granville Island Kayak Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age is 8 years
Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult in a kayak
Youth under 19 must have a consent form signed by their parent or legal guardian
Dress code: quick dry clothing that is okay to get wet and dirty
Operates in all weather conditions (except strong wind or thunder), please dress appropriately
Please arrive 15 minuets prior to tour time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.