Great Barrier Reef Cruise From Cairns
OverviewCruise out to a moored pontoon on the Great Barrier Reef, and enjoy a day packed full of activities, both in and out of the water. Go snorkeling with the clownfish, or stay dry and take a ride in a semi-submersible vessel or glass-bottom boat. The day also includes a buffet lunch, fish-feeding presentations and use of snorkeling equipment. Plus, you have the option to splash out with an introductory or certified dive, try your hand at Seawalker Helmet Diving, or take a guided snorkel safari through the coral gardens, spotting and maybe even touching the rare marine life.
- Buffet lunch included
- Family friendly
- Free snacks included
- Snorkel gear included
Know More about this tourAfter checking in at the Reef Fleet Terminal, set off for your day on the Great Barrier Reef. Traveling by fast air-conditioned catamaran, cruise to a spacious pontoon moored on the outer reef. While cruising, listen a professional presentation by a marine naturalist about the varied wildlife youre about to see, and receive a safety briefing and snorkeling instruction.
Once on the pontoon, its up to you how youd like to spend your day on the Great Barrier Reef. You can stay dry and see the clams, giant starfish, clownfish, anemone corals and much more on a guided reef tour in a glass-bottom boat or a semi-submersible vessel, then watch a fish-feeding presentation. Or take a walk on the underwater platform on a Seawalker Helmet Dive for the excitement of scuba diving without getting wet. Theres also a touch tank on board, giving you the opportunity to experience the Great Barrier Reefs unique marine life up close.
If you want to take the plunge, all the essential equipment is provided for snorkeling. While experiencing this colorful underwater world of reef corals, keep a look out for Dolla, the resident green sea turtle, or Wally, the resident hump-headed Maori wrasse. Watch for manta rays and even whales in the winter months (June to August), and dont miss the colorful clownfish of Nemo City.
You also have the option to include additional activities (at additional cost). Youll feel at home in the water on a guided Seawalker Helmet Diving adventure -- no diving experience is necessary, and groups are limited to six participants to ensure a safe, personalized experience. And if youre interested in scuba diving, heres your chance! Take an introductory dive with a group of if youre a learner, or enjoy a certified dive if youre experienced.
Your pontoon base on the Great Barrier Reef is fully equipped with showers, change rooms and free Wi-Fi. Morning and afternoon tea are served on board, as well as a full buffet lunch, including delicious seafood and tropical fruit. You can also purchase soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, snacks and ice cream from the bar on board. Wet suits and Lycra sun suits are available to rent for protection from jellyfish and other stinging species, as well as sunburn (jellyfish season is November to May).
After spending approximately four hours at the pontoon, relax on the return cruise to Cairns after a fun-filled day in and out of the water on the Great Barrier Reef.
Inclusions for Great Barrier Reef Cruise From Cairns
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Buffet lunch
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Glass-bottom boat and semi-submersible rides
- Seawalker helmet dive (if option selected)
- Introductory dive (if option selected)
- Environmental Management Charge (EMC)
Exclusions for Great Barrier Reef Cruise From Cairns
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Optional activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years for an introductory dive or sea walk
Diving and sea walk passengers must pass a simple medical check on board
Please ensure you bring your dive certification for certified dives
All certified dives are subject to an on board medical checklist
Maximum ONE Certified Dive per person
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mulgrave River Tubing from Cairns
- Green Island Day Trip from Cairns
- Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge and Daintree Rainforest Premium Day Tour
- 2-Day Best of Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef
- Aboriginal Cultural Daintree Rainforest Tour from Cairns or Port Douglas
- Classic Kuranda by Skyrail and Scenic Railway Including Rainforestation, Koala and Wildlife Park and Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience