Great Barrier Reef Dive And Snorkel Cruise From Townsville Or Magnetic Island - Townsville City
OverviewJoin a professional crew aboard a custom-built vessel for snorkeling, an introductory dive with an experienced instructor, or two certified dives in the UNESCO-listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. This day trip takes you from Townsville or Magnetic Island to Lodestone Reef, where you get the chance to see reef fish, sea turtles, stingrays, reef sharks and more up close. Lunch as well as equipment are included.
Know More about this tourDepart from Breakwater Marina, just off The Strand in Townsville, or board the MV Adrenalin at Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal on Magnetic Island. Your trip starts with morning tea with your fellow snorkelers and scuba divers.
Lodestone Reef, chosen for its diversity of sites, great coral cover and crystal-clear water boasts colorful reef walls and large bommies that attract the likes of reef fish, sea turtles, stingrays, Maori wrasse, and white-tip and black-tip reef sharks. The reef has areas for just about anyone interested in snorkeling or diving, with the depth ranging from 3 to 65 feet (1 to 20 meters) in parts. Each option caters to different skill level; see below for more details.
Ice water, tea, coffee and cordials are available throughout the day on board the 45-foot (14-meter) custom-built vessel, which provides fully shaded areas and a sundeck. Enjoy afternoon tea and a tropicalbuffet style lunch before youre returned to Townsville or Magnetic Island.
Option 1: Snorkel TourThe pristine coral and clear visibility of Lodestone Reef is great for snorkelers. For a closer look, follow the channels between the reef right up into the shallows.
Option 2: Certified DiveCertified divers can enjoy two dives at an uncrowded dive site. Explore the reef with a dive buddy, or enhance your underwater adventure with an experienced dive guide. Unless you have 10 logged dives, it is required that you hire the certified dive guide.
Explore the fringing reef and canyons around the lagoon, or head for deeper water and explore the coral columns and channels that surround the reef.
Option: 3: Introductory DiveThis option includes one introductory dive and provides an opportunity for uncertified divers to explore the reef with an instructor.
Inclusions for Great Barrier Reef Dive And Snorkel Cruise From Townsville Or Magnetic Island
- Morning tea
- Afternoon tea
- Iced water, cordial, tea and coffee throughout the day
- All snorkeling equipment
- Reef levy
Exclusions for Great Barrier Reef Dive And Snorkel Cruise From Townsville Or Magnetic Island
- Guided dive. An additional AU$10 per person per dive payable direct on the day of travel. Compulsory for divers with less than ten logged dives
- PADI Adventure Dives. An additional AU$25 per dive, payable direct on the day of travel
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- One additional introductory dive, AU$80 payable direct on the day of travel
- Two additional introductory dives. AU$120 payable direct on the day of travel
- Enriched Air Nitrox AU$50 for two tanks (must be Nitrox certified)
- Camera Hire AU$65 (includes SD card, yours to keep)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 6 years
Certified divers must present proof of certification to crew on board on the day
Introductory divers are required to fill out a basic medical form on board prior to their dive. Some existing medical conditions may not allow you to dive
Please wear your swimwear and bring a towel, hat, sunscreen and camera
Heights, weights and shoe sizes MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.