Great Galician Tapas Small Group Food And Walking Tour In Vigo
OverviewThis tour is for all the foodies and wine lovers out there! Well start off with a market visit before going on a tapas crawl through the city, hitting up the best taverns, bars, and vinotecas in Vigos Old Port area. After strolling through the citys cobblestoned streets like a local, well end the afternoon with even more tapas, and some of that famous Galician wine.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Well begin our Vigo food tour with a walk through the city streets to the local market, recently re-built into a modern new-age urban city market. There are stalls with literally everything you could imagine, from fresh produce to meats, and of course all the fish and seafood that is brought in every morning from the local fishermen.
After a quick stop at the market, our first stop will be a quaint bar near the Cathedral of Santa Maria de Vigo, where well try Ribeiro white wine served in typical tazas (ceramic bowls used for drinking). Well pair that with an empanada Gallega (Galician pie), Spanish tortillas, and so much more!
Then were off to a vinoteca (tavern) that specialises in Galician wines. Well try a young, red wine thats made of the Menica grape, and goes well with cured Spanish meats like jamn and chorizo, as well as try some local cheeses like Tetilla and San Simon.
Walking further through the old, cobblestoned streets of the port area of the city, well make our way to our very last stop. Here well try something this area is famous for: seafood! The catch of the day is usually mussels or some type of shellfish, but it all depends on whats available that day. Well accompany that with the famed Albario white wine from the D.O. Rias Baixas.
Its here that our tour will conclude, but be warned, the food and wine coma may linger for hours!
Inclusions for Great Galician Tapas Small Group Food And Walking Tour In Vigo
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- 4 tapas and 4 drinks
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Great Galician Tapas Small Group Food And Walking Tour In Vigo
- Additional food and drinks
- Any personal expenses or souvenirs
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
For your Urban Adventures tour you will be placed in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
If any of the bars/restaurants as described above are closed due to any unforeseen circumstances, we will take you to a similar venue and/or ensure you get additional tapas at the stops we can visit.
This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour.
If you have any food restrictions due to allergies, diet, or for religious reasons, please advise us at the time of booking so we can make the appropriate arrangements for you.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.