Great Wall Hiking Tour From Beijing: Simatai West To Jinshanling
OverviewExplore both untouched and restored parts of the Great Wall of China on this small-group hiking tour from Beijing. Follow your expert guide along the Simatai West and Jinshanling sections, with scenic vistas of the wall snaking into the distance, and then relax over a home-cooked meal with local farmers. After your hike, you'll receive a certificate of completion to remember this amazing experience.
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourPickup from a central Beijing location in the morning will take you to the Simatai West section of the Great Wall, where youll begin your moderate 3-hour hike.
Follow your expert guide to Jinshanling to experience both original and restored sections of the wall. Catch scenic views of watch towers snaking along the mountain. Some of these 2-story and 3-story towers have flat roofs, others are rounded and others are pitched with upturned eaves.
Youll hike for 7 miles (12 km) on mostly paved ground, and there are a few stretches of unrestored pathways with stairs and steep gradients. Refuel as much as you like with your provided bottled water.
Be sure to bring your camera! Throughout your hike, youll be awarded with amazing views of steep gradients rising and dipping into the distance, giving you a constantly changing perspective.
After the hike, head to a local farmer's restaurant to have lunch. Meet and chat with the farmers over a home-cooked Chinese meal and learn the surrounding community development.
End your tour with drop-off at your original departure point in Beijing.
Inclusions for Great Wall Hiking Tour From Beijing: Simatai West To Jinshanling
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Great Wall Hiking Tour From Beijing: Simatai West To Jinshanling
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
A moderate level of fitness is required
A backpack to carry your belongings is recommended
Minimum age is 6 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private English Tour Guide Service in Beijing
- Private Day Tour: Tian'anmen Square, Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace
- Beijing One Day Coach Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall Plus Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square Including Lunch
- Small Group Nightlife Tour with Local Expert in Beijing
- Beijing Group Coach Day Tour: Explore Juyongguan Great Wall and The Forbidden City including Lunch
- Beijing International Transfer: Airport (PEK) to Hotel Roundtrip