Greek Olive Oil Tasting Experience In AthensWrite a Review
From USD 28.88
OverviewEnjoy a small-group 1-hour guided Greek olive oil tasting at a local flagship store in central Athens. You will get to taste various local products and learn about the history of Greek olives. Your group of up to 14 guests will also learn how to select, eat, and appreciate olives and olive oil. Transportation is not included.
- Ideal choice for families
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourMeet your well-educated escort at their flagship olive oil store at 11:30am in Kolonaki, central Athens. During this 1 hour experience, your expert guide will teach you the great history of Greek olive oil. You will taste world-famous Greek olive oil and local traditional products. Take in an interactive, entertaining and educational seminar on the art of selecting, tasting and appreciating extra virgin olive oil and a trip to discovering the secret of the Greek Mediterranean diet, at the worldâs first olive oil bar in Athens.
Nearly in every Greek dish this highly prized oil is included as the main ingredient offering extra flavor. A bottle of it is also present on the table, inviting guests to pour some on their food just before eating. Greek olive oil is also considered a health cure and essential beauty aid. The oil is used to combat dry skin, control frizzy hair, and even soothe irritated skin. It has also played a key role in the ceremonies of the Greek Orthodox Church throughout the centuries, for example in the baptismal font and on the baptized child, in holy myrrh and during special blessings. Tour ends one hour after it begins, at about 12:30pm, at the store.
Inclusions for Greek Olive Oil Tasting Experience In Athens
- Greek olive oil tasting
- Interactive and educational 1 hour seminar
- Tasting of selected local products
Exclusions for Greek Olive Oil Tasting Experience In Athens
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.