Greenwich Village Walking Tour - New York City
OverviewBecome engrossed with Greenwich Village walking tour, the stomping grounds of artists and bohemians from Edgar Allan Poe to Dylan Thomas to Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan. This fun, 2-hour guided Greenwich walking tour will take you to the New York City’s most beautiful and historic neighborhoods. On this NYC tour, explore the leafy, narrow streets where legendary and soon-to-be legendary bohemians worked and lived. An expert tour guide will lead a small group through the tangled streets relating fun historical anecdotes about the famous artists of Greenwich Village and the places where they worked (and played).
- 2 hour guided Greenwich Village tour.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors to Greenwich Village.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the New York City.
- Informative, friendly and professional NYC tour guide.
- Fully narrated Greenwich tour.
Know More about this tourDo you want to see the spot where poet and writer Dylan Thomas drank himself to death? Where Jimi Hendrix made some of his most famous recordings? Where Bob Dylan first wowed audiences in small clubs? See and learn about these places and more during this intriguing 2-hour guided walking tour of Greenwich Village, one of New York Citys most famous, historic and beautiful neighborhoods.
When the street grid of Manhattan was developed in the early 19th century, Greenwich Village had long been in existence hence the areas crooked and winding streets. Today the neighborhood is a charmingly confusing tangle of leafy lanes flanked by bars, restaurants and beautiful, historic brownstone residential buildings. It was on these streets that some of the citys most legendary bohemians worked and played.
Your expert guide will share intriguing historical anecdotes about where the gay rights movement began and where radical thinkers like John Reed and Upton Sinclair started counterculture movements. See some spots that will look very familiar from TV shows such as Friends and Sex and the City. Walk through Washington Square Park, the heart of the neighborhood, where today folk and jazz musicians still try to make a living playing for passersby. See where the Beat Generation of writers wrote and hung out. Learn where 1960s icons Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan and Janis Joplin played and drank and got wild.
The tour, covering a small geographic area but more than 200 years of history, concludes at the iconic Washington Square Park, leaving you free to continue to explore the area on your own.
Inclusions for Greenwich Village Walking Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Greenwich Village Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable shoes
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriatel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.