OverviewOn this 4.5-hour tour, discover why Grenada is known as the ‘Island of Spice!’ Visit three picturesque Grenada spice gardens: the private Sunnyside Garden; De La Grenade's Spice Garden Trail, where you'll taste local jams and jellies; and Smithy's Garden, where you'll enjoy its 'jungle' atmosphere. See what makes Grenada’s nutmeg the best around as you learn about the process of producing nutmeg, along with other spices, from your expert guide.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourLearn how Grenada, the ‘Island of Spice,’ has become one of the world's most famous spice-producing countries on this spice garden tour! Explore three local spice gardens with your expert guide and see how spices such as nutmeg -- as well as tropical plants including exotic hibiscus, cuban royal palms and bromeliads -- are grown.
After pickup from your hotel, take a scenic drive through the port city of St George's. Stop first at Sunnyside Garden, a beautiful 5-acre (2-hectare) private garden. Admire the gorgeous, 100-year-old mahogany trees as you tour the garden with your guide and learn about the garden's variety of flora and fauna, including a citrus grove, cashew nut trees, nutmeg trees, West Indian cotton bushes and more. Keep your eyes out for tropical birds and turtles roaming the garden and visit a 1920s’ estate house on-site.
Continue to De La Grenade's Spice Garden Trail, where you’ll learn how Grenada's nutmeg pods are processed into mouthwatering jams and jellies. Here, enjoy tastings of locally produced jams, jellies and the famous De La Grenade liqueurs, one of the Caribbean's oldest and most exotic flavors. Follow your guide around the garden and hear interesting facts about native flowers, medicinal herbs, fruit trees and more.
Stop finally at Smithy's Garden, located right past historic Fort Frederick. Enjoy a tour of this gently sloping spice garden that is known for its ‘jungle’ feel. Divided into two gardens, old and new, this estate features an orchard bursting with a variety of herbs, vegetables and fruit including avocados, pears and bananas . In the new garden, you’ll feel as though you're in a tropical rainforest, with plants such as ginger lilies, heliconia and yellow palms surrounding the area. After touring Smithy's Garden, you'll be transported back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Grenada Spice Garden Tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Light refreshments
- Jam and jelly tastings
Exclusions for Grenada Spice Garden Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
It is recommended you wear close-toed shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.