Grenada Spice Island Tour
OverviewLearn about the fascinating art of cultivating and producing spices. Follow your nose, and an informative guide, through a spice production facility and watch the process happen from the inside. You’ll have time to stroll the grounds and tour an herb and spice garden before shuttling off to the final leg of your adventure: a historic nature reserve, where you’ll relax with tea and light snacks.
Know More about this tourAfter pickup at your Grenada hotel, travel to the De La Grenade Industries facility, where your informative guide gives you a 20-minute comprehensive overview of spice production. Learn how spices like nutmeg and cocoa are made as youre led through the factory, seeing the ins and outs of how essential and exotic spices are processed. Discover how the whole process works, watching through a window in the factory. At the end of the tour, sample the spices you just watched being made.
Then stroll Gemmas Garden, created by noted local gardener Gemma Flemming, for a relaxing break and to take in the fresh air. On your next stop, youll explore a lush herb and spice garden. Take in the vibrant scents and luscious colors as you peruse the grounds.
From there travel to La Sagesse Nature Centre, where youll be welcomed with refreshing afternoon tea and light snacks like banana bread or cake. Enjoy the tea but dont forget to take some time to learn about the grounds, as they are the former estate of the late Lord Brownlow, a cousin of Queen Elizabeth II. Youll have about an hour to explore the grounds, relax and watch the sun begin to set. Your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
Please note: This tour is available Monday through Friday at 1:30 pm.
Inclusions for Grenada Spice Island Tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Grenada Spice Island Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.