Grotto Canyon Icewalk - Banff
OverviewWalk on a frozen creek through Grotto Canyon, past unusual rock formations, ancient native rock art, and icefalls. Escorted by a specialist guide, this small-group tour offers an unforgettable personalized sightseeing experience!
Know More about this tour
The history of the rock art, which is over a thousand years old, and the geology of the mountains are at your fingertips as your guide explains the mystery of the area. You might also have the unique opportunity to witness ice climbers scaling the frozen waterfalls.
- Return Distance: 2.6 miles (4.2 kilometers)
- Elevation Gain: 330 feet (100 meters)
- Walking Time: 2 - 2.5 hours
This tour is seasonal and only operates from December through to April.
Meet for this tour in the parking lot directly behind the Mount Royal Hotelat 138 Banff Avenue. After the tour is over, you'll be taken back to the meet-up spot.
Inclusions for Grotto Canyon Icewalk
- Professional guide
- Ice cleats
- Hiking pole
- Hot chocolate and a light snack
Exclusions for Grotto Canyon Icewalk
- Optional gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 8 years
Guests should dress in ski wear for this trip including hats, mittens, and warm boots
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.