This group tour is perfect for you to explore Zhangjiajie area on a small budget but still receive wonderful services from a professional English-speaking guide. Today, you will experience the world's longest cable car ride, the 999 Steps, the 99 Turns Heaven Avenue, and exciting glass Sky Walk which is built on the cliff of a mountain that only can be seen in Zhangjiajie.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Your driver will pick you up from your hotel lobby in the early morning between 7:30an and 8am to meet up with your group of fellow travelers and the English-speaking guide at the meeting point. Then, walk to the cable car station of Tianmen Mountain where your day tour kicks off. Then, get ready to take the world's longest gondola ascending to Tianmen Moutain. Tianmen Mountain Cable Way claimed to be the "longest passenger cable way of high mountains in the world," in tourist publications with 98 cars, a total length of 24,459 feet (7,455 meters), and an ascent of 4,196 feet (1,279 meters) at an unusual grade of 37 degrees. You may also walk on miles of paths built onto the cliff on top of the mountain with sections of glass floors which is also known as the Sky Walk.
There is also an escalator built inside of the mountain that will take you to the Tianmen Gate and 999 Steps. You can challenge the 999 Steps by hiking or take the escalator at your own extra cost of RMB$32 to get down to the bottom of the steps. Not only Tianmen Mountain is a common attraction in Zhangjiajie, but also a place attracts celebrities such as Dawazi from Xinjiang Province who challenged the tight rope walking in the air between two mountains of Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon as well as famous rock climber, Alan Robert, who climbedÂ up to Tianmen Cave. There are also numerous pilots who have flown through Tianmen Cave and great adventurists who wing-suite flying on the mountain. All these activities have made Tianmen Mountain a must-see attraction in Zhangjiajie.
Later, you will have the opportunity to learn the culture of Chinese Tea and taste some local tea to relax and freshen up yourself. Afterwards, you will also have a special visit to see unique art of sandstone painting which is a creative art form made with natural and permanently colored materials, namely sands, fragmented stones, and portions of plants. At the end of the tour, your driver will send you back to your hotel where the service concludes at around 4pm.
Note: We may use cable car uphill and finish the tour with a bus ride or use a bus ride uphill and finish the tour with cable car ride. Your guide will adjust it according to condition of the day.
Recommended Evening Activity: Charming Xiangxi Show
Opt for this fantastic performance, a famous singing and dancing cultureÂ show in china, which will impress you deeply with ethnic folk culture and flavors features songs, dances, and acrobatics performed by members of Tujia and Miao ethnic minority groups in their traditional finery. This show combines traditional arts and culture with modern stage setting. Please let your tour guide know if you wish to see the show.
Inclusions for Group Day Trip To Zhangjiajie Tianmen Mountain And Sky Walk
- English-speaking guide
- Group tour
- Entrance fee for Tianmen Mountain
- Ticket for cable car (one way)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (shared vehicle)
- A bottled of water
- Local travel insurance
Exclusions for Group Day Trip To Zhangjiajie Tianmen Mountain And Sky Walk
- Personal expense
- Optional activities
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended at USD$6 per person)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Please ensure personal information and pickup location you provided is correct. No refund will be issued as a result of missing or incorrect information
You will not receive a refund for any part of the activity that you miss if you leave the group for any reason.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.