Gruyeres Day Trip With Chocolate Factory, Cheese Tasting And Panoramic Train Ticket From ChamonixWrite a Review
From USD 224.62
OverviewGruyres is one of the most famous places situated in the Swiss countryside. In this full day tour, you will visit this region and take a big breath of fresh air at the same time. See the real Switzerland, green fields, cows and mountains. Taste some authentic Swiss cheeses and visit the chocolate factory where you will learn about the chocolate making-process and enjoy a chocolate tasting. In the afternoon, you will visit the charming medieval village of Gruyeres, and have an unforgettable ride on the Golden Express train where you can admire a beautiful view on the Alps. Finally, relax with a glass of local wine n the UNESCO classified vineyard region of Lavaux.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in the morning in a centrally located place in Chamonix and begin your journey to the Swiss countryside. In this full-day tour, you will have the opportunity to experiment a culinary adventure, as well as falling into the temptation of one of the best chocolates in the world. You will also taste the Swiss national cheese and wine: the most famous of Swiss delicacies.
Start with a chocolate tour at the Cailler factory, where you will understand the history of chocolate, how they make it and
enjoy an unlimited chocolate tasting at the end of the visit. At noon, you will reach the top of the Moléson mountain and have a tasting in a typical Swiss chalet, a friendly hand-making cheese factory. There you will try the famous Gruyères cheese and the “Vacherin Fribourgeois”, two cheeses mixed for the typical dish Swiss fondue.
In the afternoon, spend some free time strolling in the streets of the medieval village of Gruyères. Located on a hill, you can admire a breathtaking landscape. Breathe pure mountain air and hear cowbells in the pasture lands which surrounded the small suburb. Afterwards, relax in a comfortable ride aboard the famous Golden Express train overlooking the magnificent of the Alps and enjoy the views over Leman lake.
By the end of the day, your last stop will be in the world heritage site of Lavaux, where you will appreciate a glass of Swiss wine while contemplating the stunning views. This vineyard’s region is a UNESCO classified area.
When your tour finishes, your local guide will take you back to Chamonix.
Inclusions for Gruyeres Day Trip With Chocolate Factory, Cheese Tasting And Panoramic Train Ticket From Chamonix
- Bus ride
- Professional guide
- Visit and tasting at the chocolate factory
- Cheese tasting
- Visit of the medieval village of Gruyères
- Panoramic train Golden pass
- Visit of Lavaux, world heritage site
- Glass of wine in the vineyards
Exclusions for Gruyeres Day Trip With Chocolate Factory, Cheese Tasting And Panoramic Train Ticket From Chamonix
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.