Guachimontones Excursion: Discover The Unknown Archeological Mexican Site - Guadalajara
OverviewIn this tour you can see one of the main cities in the pre-Hispanic era. This principal ceremonial center consists of several constructions with architectural features very peculiar, among them is "el juego de pelota","La iguana", among others. Do not miss the opportunity to admire these structures are unique in its kind.
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
During this tour you will discover the Guachimontones prehispanic archaeological site, a circular stepped pyramids ruins in the middle of circular building complexes dating from 600 BC, which are unique in its kind in the world. The pyramids may also have supported small temples.
The creative culture that constructed Guachimontones is called Teuchitlan tradition, its apogee was between 200 and 400 CE, disappearing in about 900 CE, possibly before the arrival of the Spanish colonists.
Then you will visit the interpretive center of Guachimontones, where is shown how carried out the archaeological excavations and discoveries of these amazing lands.
UNESCO has added the whole region, including the nearby tequila distilleries, to its World Heritage List.
Inclusions for Guachimontones Excursion: Discover The Unknown Archeological Mexican Site
- Round Trip Transportation.
- Entrances fees.
- Professional Guide.
- Bottled water.
Exclusions for Guachimontones Excursion: Discover The Unknown Archeological Mexican Site
- Optional activities and gratuities.
- Meals and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen, money to purchase souvenirs.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Tequila Cultural Tour from Guadalajara
- Tequila Half-Day Tour: Horseback Riding, Agave Fields and Tasting
- Zapopan Tour from Guadalajara: Basilica of Our Lady and Huichol Art Museum
- Guachimontones Archaeological Site Tour from Guadalajara
- Guadalajara Airport VIP Layover Lounge Access
- Tequila Day Experience Including Hacienda San Jose del Refugio