OverviewView the magnificent architecture of Guadalajara and the beautiful handicrafts of Tlaquepaque! During your 5-hour sightseeing tour, you’ll stop at important landmarks in Guadalajara’s historical downtown, full of colonial buildings like the main cathedral and Teatro Degollado (Degollado Theater). Walk through the enormous Mercado Libertad (Liberty Market) before continuing by air-conditioned minivan to nearby Tlaquepaque, where you’ll have time to stroll the cobblestone streets and crafts market.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourYour guide will pick you up by minivan at your hotel and take you to Guadalajara’s historical downtown to begin your city sightseeing tour. Stop at the Plaza de Armas, home to the Guadalajara’s twin-towered cathedral. One of the city’s most magnificent landmarks, the cathedral boasts a richly decorated interior with gold-leaf pillars, Gothic vaults and a stained-glass window of the Last Supper.
Head to nearby Liberation Square, which takes up two whole city blocks filled with beautiful colonial buildings. At the Instituto Cultural de Cabanas, where drama, dance and music is performed, you’ll see another example of Guadalajara's stunning architecture, including a popular museum that houses modernist murals. Admire the neoclassical design of the Degollado Theater before continuing to the Plaza de la Rotonda, located on the north side of the cathedral. Here, your guide will tell your group about the Rotonda de los Jaliscienses Illustres (Rotunda of the Illustrious People of Jalisco), a circular monument of 20 bronze sculptures honoring Jalisco's best-known architects, writer, composers and scientists.
Afterward, walk with your guide through Mercado Libertad, also known as Mercado San Juan de Dios, one of Mexico’s biggest traditional markets. You’ll see local vendors selling everything from produce, traditional candies and flowers to rugs, clothing and leather goods at more than 2,600 stalls.
Then, drive to Tlaquepaque, a small colonial village just 4 miles (7 km) southeast of downtown Guadalajara. Enjoy free time strolling the narrow cobblestone streets and admire the beautiful architecture or purchase a traditional meal and delicious drink for lunch (own expense). You'll have a chance to walk around one of Tlaquepaque's arts and crafts markets, where you can find Mexican wood carvings, ceramics, pottery and leather items, before your guide returns you to your hotel in Guadalajara.
Inclusions for Guadalajara And Tlaquepaque City Sightseeing Tour
- Local English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Guadalajara And Tlaquepaque City Sightseeing Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
It is recommended that your wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel To Guadalajara Airport
- Guadalajara At Night: Bar Crawl And Panoramic Sightseeing Tour
- Tequila Cultural Tour From Guadalajara
- Tequila Half-Day Tour: Horseback Riding, Agave Fields And Tasting
- Guachimontones Archaeological Site Tour From Guadalajara
- Zapopan Tour From Guadalajara: Basilica Of Our Lady And Huichol Art Museum
- Guadalajara Airport VIP Layover Lounge Access
- Tequila Day Experience Including Hacienda San Jose Del Refugio
- Mexican Muralism Cultural Tour In Guadalajara
- Guadalajara Zoo All-Inclusive Admission Ticket