Guadalajara Nightlife: Mariachi Music And Tequila Tasting
OverviewEnjoy a fun night out in Guadalajara that combines two of Mexicos most popular cultural delights mariachi and tequila both of which come from this region of the country. With a local and knowledgeable guide, visit Plaza de los Mariachis in downtown Guadalajara to hear mariachi music performed by a local band. Then head to a nearby cantina for a tasting of two types of tequila, during which youll learn about the distilling and aging process. This evening tour is limited to 13 people, ensuring you enjoy a small-group experience.
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, head with your guide to Plaza de los Mariachis (Mariachis Plaza), a busy plaza in Guadalajaras downtown historic district where locals and visitors gather to listen to mariachi music. On the way, your guide can tell you a bit about the history of Guadalajara and mariachi, which most historians say was born in the town of Cocula, about an hour from Guadalajara in the same state of Jalisco.
When you arrive, follow your guide into the plaza to watch a local mariachi band perform a couple of the genres most famous songs. If you and your group would like to hear more music when the band finishes, you may pay for additional songs. Spend about an hour in the plaza, and once the lively mariachi music has put you into the proper Mexican spirit, head to a nearby bar a traditional Mexican cantina for your tequila tasting!
The exact bar you visit varies depending on the day of your tour, but you can be sure youll enjoy a fun and interesting tequila experience. Your guide, well-versed in the subject, will lead you through your tasting, which consists of two shots of tequila. You can choose which two you'd like to taste of three different types: blanco (white; unaged tequila), reposado (rested; aged between two months and one year in oak barrels of any size) or aejo (vintage; aged between one and three years in small oak barrels). Learn about the history of tequila in Jalisco (the only state that officially produces it) and the specific requirements that must be met in order to call a distilled beverage tequila.
You have about two hours to spend at the bar, so after your tasting, just have a good time! Order more drinks if you like (own expense), dance and chat with the locals. Your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Guadalajara Nightlife: Mariachi Music And Tequila Tasting
- 2 mariachi songs
- 2 tequila shots
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from select hotels
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Guadalajara Nightlife: Mariachi Music And Tequila Tasting
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Additional mariachi songs (if you want to hear more music, you may pay the band about 120 pesos, approx. US$10, per song)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.