Guided Edinburgh Private Walking Tour
OverviewThis private half-day guided walk with our unique guide, Stuart Usher, is excellent value and will both entertain and enthral your group. Your party will be the only visitors on the walk. Stuart's family have historic connections with Edinburgh (his great-great Uncle, Andrew Usher, donated the magnificent Usher Hall to the city, where the tour normally starts) and his deep knowledge of the city's cultural, historical and architectural aspects means he has a unique perspective.You can have flexibility on itinerary should you choose e.g. if you have special interests in certain aspects of Edinburgh. The tour can be either in the morning (9.30am to 1.30pm) or afternoon (2.00pm to 6.00pm) and Stuart can even arrange a starting point to suit you, as long as it is in the city-centre.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourThe walks normally take four hours or eight hours but can be modified to suit your requirements as can the route and itinerary.
Visitors will be shown the delights of Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile, the 'old town' and the 'new town', together with a delightful commentary from Stuart or Richard on the celebrated characters that hail from the city and the history, the culture and the architectural splendour of the city.
Your guides will discuss people like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (the creator of Sherlock Holmes),Deacon Brodie (the original 'Jekyll and Hyde'), JK Rowling (the creator of Harry Potter) and Sir Walter Scott (the great historical romance author).
In addition,they speak with authority on the intellectual giants associated with Edinburgh and the Enlightenment such asthe philosopher David Hume, and the founder of modern economics, Adam Smith.
Places, 'closes' and buildings associated with these individuals can be visited.
Also, most of the major historical sites of interest will be covered and you will visit the beautiful St Giles Cathedral.
On the full-day tour there will be time to see the Queen's official Scottish residence, Holyrood Palace, and to see the Scottish Parliament building at Holyrood. There will also be time to see more attractions in the New Town (don't be fooled by the name, construction of the 'new town' started in the 1700's!).
The tour can be paused any time you wish for e.g. for refreshments at any of the delightful pubs and eating establishments on the route.
There will be plenty of excitement and fun and lots of opportunities to take some memorable photographs of the best-known landmarks of Scotland's glorious and ancient capital city!
Inclusions for Guided Edinburgh Private Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off if requested
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Guided Edinburgh Private Walking Tour
- Cost of food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Monday - Friday tours hosted by Stuart Usher
Saturday and Sunday tours hosted by Richard Usher
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shore Excursion: Doune Castle, the Trossachs and Loch Lomond in a Private Minibus from Edinburgh
- 5-Day Tour from Edinburgh: York, Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and Hadrian's Wall
- Loch Ness and the Highlands Small Group Day Tour from Edinburgh
- Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
- St Andrews Day Trip from Edinburgh