Guided Exploring Luang Prabang Full-Day Tour
OverviewThis full-day guided tour explores the rich culture and history of Luang Prabang as you visit temples, museums, arts centers and hidden lane-ways. Visit the gilded halls of temples such as Wat Xieng Thong and Wat Visoun, walk through the historic former Royal Palace and explore the diverse cultures and traditions of Laos hill-tribes at the Traditional Arts and Ethnology Center.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourAfter breakfast, you'll be picked up from your hotel for a guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage site of Luang Prabang.
Start at the former Royal Palace, now the National Museum, where you will explore the history of Laos. Continue on foot to Wat Mai, a temple renowned for its golden bas-relief, and Wat Sensoukarahm, which features a beautiful, dazzling golden faade. Finish this mornings tour at Wat Xieng Thong, the most revered temple in Luang Prabang. Located at the end of the peninsula, close to the Mekong, this temple was built in 1560 by King Setthathirat, and is decorated with ornate carvings and mosaics. Lunch at a local restaurant is included.
Following lunch, you'll continue your tour of enchanting Luang Prabang as you visit Wat Visoun, the holiest temple of the city, which was entirely rebuilt in 1887 after being destroyed by the invading Black Flags from Southern China. In the courtyard of Wat Visoun stands the Watermelon Stupa, shaped like the fruit from which it takes its name. Continue past Wat Aham, which was first built in the 1500s, and on to Wat That, where the ashes of King Sisavang Vong are kept inside the large central stupa.
You'll then continue to the Traditional Arts & Ethnology Center, a museum dedicated to exploring the rich diversity of Laos ethnic minorities. Traditional costumes, tools, and artifacts are on display alongside in-depth descriptions and written histories. It is a great opportunity to gain insight in to the Lao people (note: closed on Mondays).
As today comes to a close, you'll climb the 328 stairs of Mount Phousi and watch the sun set over the city and surrounding hills, then visit the hill-tribe evening market for some shopping. This colorful market takes place every evening around 5pm, along the main streets of town and is a great place to look for souvenirs.
You'll have a choice of being transferred back to your hotel, or spend more time at the hill-tribes market.
Inclusions for Guided Exploring Luang Prabang Full-Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by tuk tuk
- Professional English-speaking guide
- All entrance fees
Exclusions for Guided Exploring Luang Prabang Full-Day Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum age is 2 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.