Guided Hike In Portland's Forest Park
OverviewThis activityis a 2-hour guided hike through giant douglas fir and cedar trees, ferns, and on clear days beautiful views of Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens. Distance & Difficulty - The total distance is 5-miles and is rated as "moderate" with some hills and switchbacks.About Forest Park - Forest Park is one of the largest urban parks in the world and the only city wilderness park in the United States. The park is home to hundreds of native plants and animals and offers more than eighty miles of trails - all within minutes of downtown Portland.While navigating the park on your own can be daunting, Sarahwill ensure that you have an enjoyable experience and do not get lost!If you want to hike or walk slowly that is absolutely OK! If you want to have a rigorous fitness hike that is OK, too. Photography stops and nature gazing are welcome!
Know More about this tour
Enjoy a guided hike in one of Portland's crown jewels - Forest Park - with a naturalist who will explain the names of the different trees and plants, and information about the history of the area (native Americans, Lewis & Clark, Oregon Trail, etc.).
About Forest Park: Forest Parkis one of the country's largesturban forestreserves. The park covers more than 5,000 acres of forest with a few patches ofold growth. More than 112bird species and 62mammal species frequent the park and its wide variety of trees and shade-loving plants. Many small creeksrunthrough the woods. It is an ideal place to experience the big woods of the Pacific Northwest without leaving Portland.
Our hike route is approximately five miles, and can be shorter if you prefer - that is entirely up to you and how you are feeling the day of the hike.
Inclusions for Guided Hike In Portland's Forest Park
Exclusions for Guided Hike In Portland's Forest Park
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
What to Bring: sturdy shoes, daypack, water bottle, light jacket in case of rain, walking sticks if you use them
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Tour DeVine by Heli
- Falls, Gardens, and Wine Tour from Portland
- Portland Trolley Tour, Falls and Gorge, and Willamette Valley Combination Package
- Oregon Wine Country Experience - all-inclusive tours by bike or shuttle
- The BEST Mount Saint Helens Tour
- Quicksand Triangle Air Tour
- Eastside Feast Ride - food and beer pairing tour
- Behind The Scenes Tour