Guided Mystic And Romantic Sintra Shared Tour - Lisbon
OverviewPrepare your intellectual spirit and adventurous soul. On this fully guided (including inside monuments) day trip from Lisbon, you will discover the magic and the mysteries of Sintra, visiting a carefully chosen selection of monuments and sites. The goal is to learn (on a relaxed and informal way) why Sintra has proved to be so captivating for lovers, royals and storytellers on the past centuries. The "cherry on top" of this day trip, is the visit to the charming village of Cascais, stopping in Cabo da Roca, the western most point of continental Europe. History, Romance, Pastries, Ocean and Fun, all mixed in a magic blender.
Know More about this tourAfter pick up, we'll drive 30 minutes to Sintra, crossing Lisbon center on our comfortable 9 seats van with A/C.
Our first stop is on top of Sintra Mountain, also called the mountain of the moon. Upon arrival, well marvel with the mix of architectural styles (Moorish, Manueline and Gothic) of Pena Palace and talk about its references to the most important periods of Portuguese History. We'll also explore the Park that surrounds the Palace. It offers exotic plant species, and also the best views of Lisbon region.
We will then drive down to the unique Sintra village, a UNESCO world heritage site since 1995. After lunch, (not included; you may choose a full meal for 10 or a snack on the go for 5), we'll invite you to taste the famous travesseiros (pillows), which are light puff pastries that are turned, rolled and folded seven times, and then filled with delicious almond-and-egg-yolk cream and lightly dusted with sugar.
Still in Sintra, on the way to the ocean, we will explore Quinta da Regaleira, and discover probably the most mysterious gardens and constructions in Europe. A place full of symbols which refers to the Knights Templars, Alchemy, Greek Mythology and more. Exploring fountains, grottos, initiation wells and a network of secret tunnels, We will explain the whole concept of the site. An open book, made of stone, about the owner's view of the human essence and cosmos.
It is time to exit this magic village, and head down to Cascais. We will stop in Cabo da Roca, the western most point of Continental Europe, and contemplate its breathtaking landscapes.
We'll then visit the charming Cascais, once the home for kings-in-exile and a site of espionage during World War II.
On the way home, we will drive through the Lisbon Riviera, the first touristic promenade in the early 60's.
We'll drop you off In Lisbon around 18h.
Fully Guided Tour including inside monuments.
Visit the Pena Palace surroundings & Park.
Discover the magical UNESCO-listed town of Sintra.
Taste a "Travesseiro", a yummy local pastry.
Explore the mystical Quinta da Regaleira.
Stop at Cabo da Roca (the western most point of continental Europe) and Guincho Beach.
Visit the charming resort town of Cascais.
Inclusions for Guided Mystic And Romantic Sintra Shared Tour
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Guided Mystic And Romantic Sintra Shared Tour
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Monuments Tickets Prices: Pena Park - 7,50 / Quinta da Regaleira - 6
The lunch options vary from a quick on the go meal (4/5), to a menu restaurant (10).
Bring comfortable shoes, hoodie or jacket for the end of the day.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Day Portugal Tour from Lisbon: Ftima, Sintra, vora, Cascais and Estoril Coast
- Lisbon Airport Private Departure Transfer
- Private Obidos Sightseeing Trip
- Private Tour: Lisbon Football Experience
- Private Tour: Hidden Treasures of Lisbon
- vora and Estremoz Private Day Tour from Lisbon
- Private Full-Day Ftima and Western Region Tour from Lisbon
- Giraldo Square and City Center Walking Tour of vora