When you arrive our guide will go over a couple of housekeeping rules to make your time on the water as memorable as possible. The tour will depart shortly after everyone has been briefed on the "how to's" of paddle boarding. Within 2 hours of arriving at eitherMurrells Inlet or the Waccamaw River for our exploration and fun on the waterthe groupwill be back where you started with a smile on your face and stories of adventure to tell. This will completeguided stand up paddle board tour.
MURRELLS INLET TOURS: DISCOVER A SALT WATER ECOSYSTEM
- Did you know the Brown Pelican was nearly gone in the 1970safter being threatened by DDT? This beautiful bird has made its comeback and returned to safe numbers. They are often pointed out by our guides as the soar over us in search of their next meal.
- Have you ever seen a Loggerhead Sea Turtle? These champions of the surf can weigh up to 440lbs! They may be found in coastal waters, but rarely come ashore. Count yourself incredibly lucky if you see one as they are listed vulnerable by the IUCN.
- Countless fish species including: Red Fish, Black Drum, Flounders, Mackerels, Mahi, Wahoo, Tuna, Amberjacks, Marlin, Groupers, Cobia, Sheedshead,and evenSailfish!
- A variety of Echinoderms likemany different types of Starfish and Sea Cucumbers.
- Possibility for Lionfish, Dolphin, Jellyfish, Sharks and even Gators. But not to worry, it will be safer than a trip to your local zoo. Our experts have your best interest in mind and we guarantee you that your safety is our number one priority.
- A variety of beautiful birds including: Egrets, Herons, Cranes, Peacocks, Eagles, Ospreys, Pelicans, Loons, Gulls.
- Lots of cool mammals like River Otters, Mink, Raccoon, Bobcat, Whitetail Deer, Beavers, and dozens more!
- Various fish species including:Perch, White Perch, Flathead Catfish, Sunfiish, Largemouth Bass, and more.
- Possibility for Salamanders, Turtles, Black Bear, and even Gators. But not to worry,our safety record is second to none.