Do I need any outdoor experience?
- Is this trip for me? This trip is designed for intermediate or experienced hikers and anyone contemplating this trip needs previous hiking experience in alpine terrain.You should be prepared for some exposure along the summit ridge, but we will ensure you remain a safe distance from that.
- Grading: This trip is graded as Hard.
By minibus or 8-seater car from/to downtown Bod.
Season & Availability
May - September. May be possible in wintertime, weather permitting.
Terrain, distance and elevation
- Terrain: You must be able to walk on rugged trails, uneven terrain, scree and steep rocks.
- Total length: The hike itself is approx. 6 km up and down. The mileage from Bod by car (or minibus) is 25 km each way.
- Elevation: A total of 640 m from the starting point 80 metres above sea level to the summit of Mt. Litltind, 717 m a.s.l.
You should bring
- Your own hiking gear suitable for the prevailing wind and weather conditions.
- Good footwear (hiking boots or sturdy running shoes).
- A small daypack for your snack, camera and some extra clothing.
We will provide
- A knowledgeable, English-speaking guide with a sense of humour and passion for this area.
- Snow spikes if required to cross snow fields (early season and/or winter).
- Return transfers from downtown Bod to the starting point and back again after the trip are included in the tour price.
Group size - We prefer small groups
- Typical group size for our trips range from 2 to 10 (15). We prefer to keep the group size as small as possible for these trips, which improves the experience for the participants and guide alike.
- Larger groups may request booking this trip. In such cases, we divide the group into smaller groups, each of which will be accompanied by their own guide. NB: We dont mix private group trips with solo travellers.
- What is the minimum number of participants? To run this tour, a minimum of two people must book. If this minimum is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. You will then have the option of being rebooked on an alternative date or receiving a full refund.