OverviewWhile you are in Madrid, don't miss the chance to visit Spains national museum, Reina Sofia. On a 1.5-hour guided tour led by an art historian, explore the highlights of this museum including the collections of Spain's two greatest 20th century masters, Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dal. Stand in front of the most famous masterpiece in the museum, Picasso's painting Guernica. Discover the history behind the paintings of the modern period. Tour is conducted in English and Spanish, with a maximum group size of 30 people.
- All entrance fees included
- Led by an art historian
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourAt 12:45pm, meet your art historian guide next to the statue located outside the main entrance of the museum. Housed in an elegant old hospital building next to the Atocha railway station, the Reina Sofa boast over 21,000 works. The Reina Sofa's vaulted hallways are the ideal place to discover many of Spains finest artists and sculptors. Your guide will explain some of 20th-century Spanish art, from abstractionism to cubism, and surrealism to modernism, showing you the most important work of artists like Picasso, Juan Gris, Dal and Joan Mir. International artists are not heavily represented in the collection, but there are works by Pierre Bonnard, Vasily Kandinsky or Diego Rivera. Along with thisextensive collection, the museum also offers a mixture of national and international temporary exhibitions in its many galleries.
Explore the hallways and galleries with your guide, and learn how and why these talented people created their art. The tour will end at approximately 2pm at the museum, but you are free to linger longer inside if you wish.
Inclusions for Guided Tour Of Madrid's Reina Sofia Museum
- Professional art historian guide
- Admission ticket
Exclusions for Guided Tour Of Madrid's Reina Sofia Museum
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Photography is not allowed inside the museum
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.