Guided Tour Of Medalta Museum Brick Plant - CalgaryWrite a Review
From USD 12.03
OverviewStep back in time at the Medalta Musuem, one of Western Canada's largest and oldest industrial sites. Tour a 100 year old factory and learn how turn of the century industrial pottery was made while exploring an old brick oven kiln. Visita live archaeological dig and get a 2.5-hour behind-the-scene look at this national historic site outside of Medicine Hat, Alberta.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourThis 2.5-hour guided tour focuses on the factory and equipment of the Medalta Potteries National Historic Site. Learn how the historic brick oven was used to create the works of art produced at the factory today. Meet local artist and hear their stories of working with antique equipment and explore a live archaeological dig where teams of researchers are actively learning more about the special history of Medalta.
Located near the heart of the rugged Canadian Badlands, the Medalta Potteries National Historic Site is an industrial museum and working studio built out of the ruins of a century-old factory and archeological dig. Located in the historic town of Medicine Hat along the Transcanada highway, the site is located approximately 3 hours from the city of Calgary and roughly 1.5-hours from the US border.
Depending on which route you take to the Museum, you may pass through parts of the dry, arid landscape of the Canadian Badlands, where the unique, colorful geography belie a harsh environment for the native plants and animals. The museum itself, situated just off the highway, is built out of a factory that produced clay pottery for decades before closing almost a century ago. The area is a testament to the changes the industrial revolution brought to Western Canada, transforming lives and altering the quality of life for millions of people.
Inclusions for Guided Tour Of Medalta Museum Brick Plant
- 2.5-Hour guided tour of Medalta factory and brick oven kiln
- Tour of working art studio
- Fully narrated tour
Exclusions for Guided Tour Of Medalta Museum Brick Plant
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.