Guided Urban Eco Tour By Kayak Or Paddleboard - Fort Lauderdale
OverviewView native and non-native plants, birds and animals on a scenic tidal river by kayak or paddleboard. Your guide describes the history of the river and surrounding areas as you paddle past a mix of home, creeks, preserves and mangroves. Expect to see herons, ibises, ducks, cormorants, coots, raccoons, squirrels and even large iguanas. Some days you may even see a manatee or two! A fresh coconut is served to each of our guests with a squeeze of lime as well as fresh fruit from local trees.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Know More about this tourYour tour starts from the Richardson Historic Park and Nature Preserve in Wilton Manors, just 10 minutes South of Ft. Lauderdale. After checking in, you will receive a basic introduction to paddling. Your guide will then set you up with your choice of kayak or paddleboard.
Listen to a brief history about the river and its early settlers, including the Native Americans. Your guide points out exotic and native tropical plants, trees and fruits. Important changes to the environment and the people most responsible for them are also discussed. You'll visit a surprisingly secluded lagoon while keeping an eye out for birds, crabs, fish and other animals all along the way. See man made canals that were added to the river to accommodate the luxury homes that now line the riverside. Despite its urban setting, the river supports a wide variety and great abundance of wildlife. You'll cover a total distance is approximately 2-miles round-trip all at a relaxed pace.
Upon returning to the park, enjoy the freshest coconut water available as your guide cracked the coconut for you! Neighbors of the preserve often provide fresh local fruits from their trees so depending on the season enjoy a snack of mangoes, bananas, carambola (starfruit) or avocados made into fresh guacamole.
Inclusions for Guided Urban Eco Tour By Kayak Or Paddleboard
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Light refreshments
- Equipment rental
Exclusions for Guided Urban Eco Tour By Kayak Or Paddleboard
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.