OverviewDiscover the wine from Ribera del Duero in this one day Tour from Madrid. Visit three wineries and taste its excellent wines. Wineries are selected to be different and interesting: modern, traditional and medieval underground cellars. Learn about Ribera del Duero uniqueness in a full comprehensive visit to one of the wineries, visiting the production facilities and vineyards. Discover the cultural heritage of the region with a historical stop (ancient churches, castles or medieval cities). Centuries of wine and history in Ribera del Duero age the secret of the best Spanish tempranillo grape, making one of the best wines in the world. You are invited you to discover it. The tour for a true wine lover.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourIf you are fond of wines and want to discover one of the most prestigious wine areas of Spain, we invite you to come with us to Ribera del Duero. The excursion departs every day Monday to Saturday from Madrid.
You will be picked up in Madrid at 9am and depart towards Ribera del Duero. The Duero river, also known as the river of wine, is about 2 hours from Madrid and it is the home of tempranillo, the most famous Spanish grape variety (red wines with full body and lots of fruit).
Visit three of their most representative wineries, modern and traditional, and their vineyards. You will do a full visit in one of them, learning about winemaking in Ribera (riverside in spanish), and understanding tempranillo wine from the grape to the bottle. A real immersion in the culture of wine. Also included is a visit to a historic site like one of the castles in the area and a stop at Segovia, having a panoramic tour.
First stop will be one of the most representative wineries in the region, where you will taste the freshness and elegance of their aged wines, feeling the extraordinary complexity of this land.
Two more wineries and cellars will be visited during the day. We always select wineries that are different, mixing tradition and modernity, to get a broad understanding of one of the most famous wine regions in the world. Every stop will bring a surprise, and you will learn about traditional wine making, modern architecture and limited productions that make special wines.
In Ribera del Duero it is impossible to forget the history that surrounds the villages of this “land of castles” so your guide will take you back to the Middle Ages to explore some of their hidden treasures like a castle, a medieval village or an ancient church, changing from wine to culture just for this stop.
There is free time for lunch with different options. You can enjoy a seasonal menu or traditional Castilian cuisine. And you can, of course, try roasted lamb in a wood fired oven, the king of Spanish tables.
And a last stop at the picturesque city of Segovia to have a nice panoramic tour before departing to Madrid.
Finally you will return to Madrid with the memory full of great flavors and wonderful experiences. The duration of the tour is between 10 to 11 hours depending on Madrid traffic.
This tour will bring you an exceptional experience, blending new and old wine making techniques, vineyards growing in extreme weather conditions, and the work of families who have converted this great region into one of the most popular red wine regions in the world. Let us accompany you among landscapes of contrasting colors, wines full of taste and aromas, traditional cuisine and the exceptional heritage which is still preserved in the wine region of Ribera del Duero.
Inclusions for Guided Wine Day Tour To Ribera Del Duero From Madrid
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Three winery visits
- Entrance fees
- Wine tasting (Minimum of two wines on each winery)
- Local bilingual expert guide
- Segovia panoramic tour
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned van or coach
- Snacks (at the wineries)
Exclusions for Guided Wine Day Tour To Ribera Del Duero From Madrid
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (there is an option for private transport to “Plaza de Castilla” for aprox 30/35€, contact tour operator for more info)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 18 years for tasting at the wineries
Operated by a bilingual guide in English and Spanish
Minimum number of participants for tour to take place is 4. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the unusual event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Madrid Tapas Night Walking Tour
- Flamenco Show At Corral De La Morería In Madrid
- Toledo Half-Day Or Full-Day Trip From Madrid
- Skip The Line: Prado Museum Tour In Madrid
- Madrid City Sightseeing And Royal Palace Tour
- Santiago Bernabeu Stadium Entrance Ticket
- Madrid Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- Madrid Scooter City Tour
- Flamenco Masterclass At Torres Bermejas In Madrid
- Walking Through History Of Madrid Full Day