Gulf Island Scenic - Auckland
OverviewThe Hauraki Gulf is truly a slice of New Zealand paradise. Make your visit to Auckland Harbour an unforgettable one by experiencing a unique flight over the mesmerizing islands. As we fly you over Rangitotos crater and Motutapu, take in the spectacular view of the favourite getaway destination, Waiheke Island, with its award winning vineyards and magical sandy beaches. End your experience with a unique scene of the skyline of the City of Sails before water landing in the heart of the Auckland Harbour.Duration: 50 min with 30 min flight.Operates daily, all days of the yearThis flight operates with a minimum of 4 adult faresPassengers may be combined with other groups, unless a tour charter has been bookedChildren under 2 are free of charge, children aged 2-12 years pay a child fare (which is 75% of the adult fare)
Know More about this tour
Passengers are expected to check-in at Auckland Seaplanes base 15 minutes prior to departure time where their weight details will be taken.
They are escorted to the pontoon and a safety briefing by the Pilot then follows.
Once on board the aircraft, passengers will cruise into the Auckland Harbour Aerodrome ready for take-off, enjoying views of yachts and the city skyline from the water.
Once airborne, passengers are flown past Devonport, Lake Pupuke, Aucklands youngest volcano Rangitoto, Motutapu Island, Waiheke Island, Pakatoa Island, Rotoroa Island, Ponui Island, Motuihe Island, Browns Island, Maretai Beach, Mechanics Bay and the Auckland City skyline. The Pilot will provide an extensive historical commentary throughout the flight.
Passengers land back in the Auckland Harbour and cruise into North Wharf for disembarking.
Inclusions for Gulf Island Scenic
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Fixed-wing air tour
Exclusions for Gulf Island Scenic
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A maximum of 6 people per booking
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Self-Guided Jet Ski Tour of Waiheke Island
- Giants and Tiny Dwarfs Bay of Islands Tour
- Waitomo Day Trip with Option to Add Hobbiton from Auckland
- Round-Trip Private Transfer from Auckland to Tree Adventures
- Giants and Glow Worms Day Tour
- Auckland Sights and Bites Small-Group Walking Tour
- Hobbiton Movie Set Small-Group Tour from Auckland
- Evening Waiheke Wine Tasting and Dinner Tour from Auckland