Haleakala Bike And Zipline Adventure On Maui
OverviewExperience the thrill of biking down the slope of Haleakala, combined with a zipline adventure. Depart before dawn to watch the sunrise atop the volcanic summit in Haleakala National Park, and then descend along easy switchbacks to the zipline course. Youll fly across canyons and past eucalyptus trees along five ziplines, including a swinging bridge and a pendulum, before visiting the Maui Lavender farm. Top-notch guides ensure your safety so you can focus on the excitement of this small-group tour, limited to 12 people. Continental breakfast included.
- All necessary equipment included
- Breakfast included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourYour small-group bike and zipline adventure begins with an early morning hotel pickup far before dawn to catch a magical Maui sunrise from atop Haleakala. Also known as the House of the Rising Sun, the volcanic summit reaches an elevation of 10,000 feet (3,048 m). Before departing for Haleakala National Park by coach, fuel up with a provided continental breakfast of pastries and hot beverages.
On arrival, your guide points out rare plant life and animals, some of which can only be seen on the slopes of Haleakala, home to the rare silversword plant (known in Hawaiian as ahinahina) and a nesting area for Hawaiis state bird, the nene, or Hawaiian goose. Learn about the history of Haleakala and its significance to Hawaiian culture.
Once you witness the break of dawn, youre driven to a 6,500-foot (1,981-m) elevation to start your bike tour on the mountains western slopes. Don your helmet and begin the descent down the worlds largest resting volcano, following your guide around 21 gentle switchbacks along a paved road.
Enjoy bicoastal views of Mauis central valley and the West Maui Mountains while taking in the otherworldly landscape and the fragrance of the surrounding flora. Youll ride for approximately 1.5 hours on easy terrain before arriving at the zipline course on the slopes of Haleakala, where you trade in your bike helmet for a harness.
Led by expert guides who keep you safe while you have fun, enjoy your zipline tour, a 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award Winner. The five ziplines feature canyon crossings, 90-foot (27-m) drops through towering eucalyptus trees, a swinging bridge and Mauis only pendulum, up-and-back zipline, which tops speeds of 45 mph (72 kph).
After approximately 1.5 hours, head next door to Maui Lavender, a sprawling upcountry farm that grows 45 varieties of lavender. Stroll the lavender gardens, browse products in the gift shop and enjoy a morning snack on your own, selecting from a tasty menu in the caf (food and drinks are own expense) before youre driven back to your Maui hotel.
Inclusions for Haleakala Bike And Zipline Adventure On Maui
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Use of all required equipment (bicycle, helmet, zipline equipment, etc.)
- Professional guide
- Snacks and hot beverages
Exclusions for Haleakala Bike And Zipline Adventure On Maui
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Participants must weigh between 80 lbs (36 kg) and 250 lbs (113 kg)
Not recommended for pregnant women, participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Minimum age is 12 years
Close-toed shoes are required
Long pants are recommended
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.