Haleakala National Park And Beyond: Small-Group Luxury Tour By Air And Land - Maui
OverviewEnjoy a full-day Maui luxury tour that features a 30-minute helicopter ride to Mt Haleakala followed by a driving tour of the region around Haleakala National Park. Visit the towns of Paia and Makawao, Hookipa beach, an award-winning goat cheese dairy and an organic vodka distillery. Savor amazing views, tastings and tours along with plenty of time to explore the towns and soak up Hawaiian culture. A no-host breakfast stop and lunch are included on this tour, limited to six people to ensure a more customized experience with your knowledgeable guide.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Breakfast included
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAfter early morning pickup from your Maui hotel, relax aboard a luxury minivan as you travel to the airport for your 30-minute helicopter flight.
Your expert pilot welcomes your small group aboard the deluxe, 6-seater helicopter and details the sights that you see as you head southeast to Haleakala National Park. Listen via a two-way radio communications system that also allows you to ask any questions.
When you reach the park, fly over Mt Haleakala to marvel at the crater, which measures 7 miles (11.25 km) across, 2 miles wide (3.2 km) and nearly 2,600 feet (800 meters) deep. As you soar over Mauis natural wonders, enjoy amazing views of the volcanic landscape and sparkling ocean.
Back on the ground, reboard your limo-van and tour to Paia for a no-host breakfast at a popular restaurant (see Itinerary for sample menu). Then follow your guide through town to Hookipa beach, famous for windsurfing.
Next, continue by road to Makawao, a rustic paniolo (Hawaiian cowboy) town with an eclectic collection of shops. Enjoy about an hour to explore the boutiques and art galleries such as Viewpoints Gallery.
Tour about 20 minutes up the slopes of Mount Haleakala, taking in the gorgeous scenery as your guide talks about the history and geology of Hawaii. Stop at Surfing Goat Dairy for a tasting of their award-winning goat cheeses, then meet the goats and glimpse the dairys operations during a 20-minute walking tour.
Go next door to Ocean Vodka Organic Farm and Distillery where you sit down for an alfresco 3-course lunch. Following your meal, tour the property and learn about its sustainable farming and green manufacturing processes. Soak in great views as you stroll past organic sugar cane fields and gardens, then wrap up your visit with a vodka tasting at the distillery.
After a day of exploring Maui's delights, your guide returns you to your hotel where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Haleakala National Park And Beyond: Small-Group Luxury Tour By Air And Land
- Luxury limo-van (8-person maximum)
- Helicopter flight
- Local, Hawai'i State Certified guide
- Surfing goat dairy goat cheese tasting
- Ocean vodka distillery tour and vodka tasting
- No-host breakfast
- Entrance to Haleakala National Park
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Haleakala National Park And Beyond: Small-Group Luxury Tour By Air And Land
- Gratuities (optional)
- 3-egg omelette with bacon, sausage and cheddar cheese
- Pancakes with syrup and butter
- Fresh sliced fruit, yogurt and granola
- 2 eggs, bacon, sausage, black beans and homefries
- Breakfast burrito or quesadilla
- Bagel with turkey, Spanish omelette and cheese
- Unlimited coffee, soda, lemonade and iced tea
Fresh garden vegetable pasta salad with basil pesto vinaigrette
- Grilled chicken breast with organic greens, roasted corn and black bean relish, buttermilk ranch dressing and roasted garlic tortilla
- Blackened 7-spice seared ono, organic lettuce, black olive and caper relish, wasabi aioli spread and sundried tomato tortilla
- Vegetarian / Vegan / Gluten-free entree substitution: Fresh lettuce wraps filled with vegetables, roasted corn and black bean relish, with Maui herb and garlic vinaigrette dipping sauce
- Chilled Maui gold pineapple
- Fudge brownie with macadamia nuts
- Assortment of tropical fruit juices
- Bottled water
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Temperatures often get below freezing at Haleakala Summit, please dress warmly
This tour operator is a multiple winner of the Keep it Hawaii Award, which recognizes cultural preservation, and has also received a Congressional Letter of Achievement for excellence in tourism
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Maui Atlantis Submarine Adventure
- Kahului Shore Excursion: Heavenly Hana Tour
- West Maui and Molokai 60-minute Helicopter Tour
- Ulalena Show at Maui Theatre
- Kahului Shore Excursion: Maui Tropical Plantation and Iao Valley Tour
- Maui Surf Instruction 101
- Pali Sea Cliff Kayak Discovery
- Private Round-Trip Transfer: Maui International Airport to Maui Hotels