Half-Day 4WD Tour Of Moorea Including Lycée Agricole
OverviewExplore Moorea by 4WD on a morning tour that features the island's natural beauty. Take in the dramatic landscape from Magical Mountain and Belvedere Lookout, where you get stunning views of Cooks Bay and Opunohu Bay. Become familiar with Polynesian life as you visit ancient sacred sites and modern farms. Your expert local guide shares informative commentary about the island throughout your journey. Small-group tour limited to 8 people ensures a more personalized experience.
Know More about this tourAfter morning pickup at your hotel, travel by open-air 4WD truck along scenic roads as you tour Moorea. While most roads are now paved, your 4WD allows your driver to navigate rugged terrain during your island exploration. A roof provides shade while the open-air vehicle allows the cooling tropical breeze and birdsong to be easily experienced during the journey.
Visit a pineapple plantation and the Agriculture School (Lyce Agricole) to see fields where pineapple, banana, grapefruit, lemon and vanilla beans grow in abundance. You may want to purchase the delicious jams and fresh fruit juices made at the school.
After your stop at the fruit farms, head to an ancient temple site known as a marae, the earliest of which date back to 900 AD. Get a glimpse of what were once large temple sites as you take in stone platforms surrounded by encroaching jungle while your guide explains the significance of the site.
Hop back in your 4WD for the journey to the spectacular Belvedere lookout. Marvel as you gaze over Mt Rotui and jagged peaks that plunge into the shimmering seas of Opunohu Bay and Cooks Bay. Next, get the crown jewel of island views when you drive up a steep private road to Magical Mountain. A short walk along a path lined with fruit trees takes you to a lookout point with amazing views. Admire the dramatic landscape of this ancient volcanic island, considered by some to possess the most beautiful scenery in the world.
After a 3.5-hour tour of Moorea, your guide returns you to your hotel to end your tour.
Inclusions for Half-Day 4WD Tour Of Moorea Including Lycée Agricole
- Local guide
- Transport by 4WD
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Half-Day 4WD Tour Of Moorea Including Lycée Agricole
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Please brings closed-toe shoes suitable for walking, sunscreen, hat and insect repellent
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.