At 947m above the sea level rises Pico da Barrosa, where throughout the route we can observe the diversity of the local fauna and flora. An enormous crater hides the glamorous Lagoa do Fogo at the top of the Fogo (Fire) Volcano at 575m above sea level. The beauty of the scenery sharpens ours senses with the luxurious vegetation some endemic from a spectacular landscape that reveals the magnificence of what nature presents us, on a journey that will last in your memory.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tour
The Fogo Volcanic Complex, features an abundance of species of endemic flora and secondary volcanism manifestations, that consists on fumaroles and hot springs. The caldera of the Fogo Volcano is the smallest caldera collapse of the island of São Miguel, with about 15 thousand years. Given to its location in altitude, it is the most natural area and with the less human intervention suffered. It is an important hydrologic resource being classified as a Nature Reserve since 1974.
Because of its structure, it plays an extremely important role particularly in the replacement of underground water, regulation of the water cycle, biomass production, retention of sediments and nutrients and is therefore classified as Ramsar site.
On a 4WD vehicle departing from Ponta Delgada we will head to Pico da Barrosa, where at the top we encounter the beautiful Lagoa do Fogo.
Down the northwest flank of the Fogo volcano, we find the natural monument of Caldeira Velha, a major Geosite, composed of fumaroles and thermal spring water. Secondary volcanism area with rocky hills covered by lush vegetation with a cascade of thermal hot water, where a thermal bath is recommended.
On the way towards Ponta Delgada, we will stop at the refreshing waterfall scenery of Salto do Cabrito. The course on/off road may vary according the climate conditions.
Inclusions for Half-Day 4WD Tour To Lagoa Do Fogo
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Driver/Certified nature guide
Exclusions for Half-Day 4WD Tour To Lagoa Do Fogo
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to the natural monument of Caldeira Velha.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
If canceled due to extreme weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.