Half-Day Bike Tour Of Langkawi - Langkawi Island
OverviewDiscover the beauty of Langkawi Island as you cycle through the countryside at a leisurely pace. Experience a completely different side of Langkawi as you catch a simple of the everyday lifestyle of the locals. Explore Langkawis countryside, paddy fields, rustic villages and more locations that visitors dont normal get to experience.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Small group ensures personal service
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourUponhotel pickup in the morning, you will be taken to a central meeting point togear up. After a short briefing, set off ona moderate 16-mile ride, starting from Pantai Cenang. Cycling along this stretch, get a glimpse of Langkawis most popular tourist spots with an array of souvenir stalls, duty free stores, bars and pubs, budget accommodations, andspas.
Take a break around Underwater World Langkawi, where duty-free shops sell drinks for you tore-hydrate in the heat. Further down the road, you'll arrive atLaman Padi and enter the Rice Garden Museum, which providesinsight into the procedures and equipment involved in the cultivation of rice,once the island's main industry. You'll also have anopportunity to walk through a scenic paddy plantation.
Feel the breeze onyour face as you pedal down country roads and get a glimpse into daily life in the rustic villages, or kampongs. Your guide ensures that you meet some local residents and experience thewarmth ofthe friendly welcome extended to visitors. Have a tea break at a local home while your guide sharesinformation on the history and culture of rural Langkawi.
The final portionof the 4-hour bike tour takesyouto the mangroves and a rubber plantation. There will be ample opportunity to spotbirds like kingfishers and hornbills, as well as monitor lizards. Do not forget your camera, as the views are spectacular, especially as you bicycle through green pastures spreading as far as the eye can see. Relish the peaceful surroundings far from the crowds of the city and beaches, before return transport to your hotel.
Inclusions for Half-Day Bike Tour Of Langkawi
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Light refreshments
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Half-Day Bike Tour Of Langkawi
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This ride is moderate-level in difficulty. Cycling distance is approximately 26km in total (flat terrain).
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
Reasonable fitness level is required. Advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes, pants, hat, sunblock, camera, and a small backpack.
The tour is suitable for age 10 years and above (no child bicycle lowest saddle position is 82cm). Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Child rate applies only when travelling with 2 paying adults
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.