Half-Day Chiang Mai City And Temples Including Doi Suthep
OverviewAn essential venture in The Rose of the North; famous for its natural beauty, we guide you along Chiang Mais most revered temples including the mountain temple of Doi Suthep and get a sense of the relaxed atmosphere of Thailands second largest city.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
The Rose of the North, Chiang Mai, is a wonderful provincial city with a history more than 700 years old. The city of Chiang Mai has an abundance of beautiful and historic Buddhist temples and this tour takes in the most interesting.
One of the highlights is a visit to the 600 year-old temple of Wat Pra That Doi Suthep, near the summit of Doi Suthep Mountain. After a drive up the mountains winding road, the final climb to the site is via a magnificent Naga (dragon-headed serpent) staircase of 306 steps. Inside is an intriguing copper-plated Chedi topped by a five-tier gold umbrella which contains partial relics of Lord Buddha. On a clear day, there are incomparable views over the city of Chiang Mai.
After descending via the serpentine road down to Chiang Mai and the continuation of our tour, we pass by the citys biggest markets, the Talat Warorod before we head to two other impressive temples. The Wat Chedi Luang is one of these you cannot skip; once the home of the famous Emerald Buddha it has become of the more revered temples in Chiang Mai. This temple once had the tallest Chedi (temple spire) until an earthquake in the 15th century toppled the upper section. Today, it towers 60 meter high.Finally, we end our half day tour at the Wat Phra Singh, housing a very sacred 1,500 years old Buddha image. Wat Pra Singh or Monastery of the Lion Lord, founded in the 14th century to house the ashes of King Kham Fu and serve as the principal religious center of the Lanna Kingdom. The complex is composed of several buildings of varying architectural and artistic merit that form the most famous temple in Chiang Mai. Return back to your downtown Chiang Mai hotel.
Inclusions for Half-Day Chiang Mai City And Temples Including Doi Suthep
- Entrance fees for the temples and Doi Suthep
- All taxes and service fees included
- Tours and transfer from and to your downtown Chiang Mai hotel only with driver and guide
Exclusions for Half-Day Chiang Mai City And Temples Including Doi Suthep
- Other entrance fees and expenses, such as meals, drinks, tips and shopping, unless otherwise stated
- Supplements for pick-up/drop-off of customers from resorts outside Chiang Mai city
- Cable cart ride up to Doi Suthep from the car park
- Tips and gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Please note that a dress code is required when reaching the Doi Suthep. We kindly ask for your assistance in wearing knee-length trousers, shirts that cover the shoulders and closed shoes / non-strapless sandals. T-shirts with obscene gestures / text and/or images of the Lord Buddha are commonly not allowed.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.