Half Day Chiang Mai Home Industries Tour
OverviewWelcome onboard for a slightly different take on Thailand. This is the Industry Tour! Surprised? Well yes, Thailand has much more to offer than what you know of. Right from gem production, to the making of Thai silk and the intricately made paper umbrellas you will have a hectic day on your agenda as you explore Thailands industries like never before. The local craftsmanship is enchanting indeed, and for those of you who are shopaholics, you might hit upon a fantastic deal with the manufacturers! Your guide will be authorized by the Tourism Authority of Thailand. This isnt a tour to miss
- Explore the north east Thailands local industries
- Halfday tour to a celebrated handicraft village
- See the craftsmen behind Thailands most distinctive products
- Buy souvenirs for your loved one at source itself
- Learn about Thai traditions and culture Perfect for shoppers and art lovers
Know More about this tourBeing in Thailand, we are sure youve explored the beaches, hit the clubs, shopped till you dropped and explored the street food to the fullest How about making YOUR Thailand vacation a little different from the rest Yes, Thailand has much more to offer than just that. What about exploring the area for what it is famous for producing Gems, Silk, Paper Umbrellas and laquerware Yes, in juts half a day you will be able to explore the industry in Thailand like never before
You will be picked up at 830 a.m. from your Chiang Mai hotel in an airconditioned vehicle. It is going to be a short and sweet tour, and you will be back before lunch so feel free to plan the rest of your day the day as you like. You will be driven towards Sankampeng to visit a gem production unit. The gallery has gems to die for and the jewellery is priced affordably. Their staff is extremely helpful and will tell you much more about the gems and stones.
Up next is the Thai Silk production unit. You will get to see factories i.e. production units as well as small shops selling silk cloth, finely made garments as well as silk handicrafts. Thai silk is extremely famous, and the fibre is of very high quality. These tit bits will make perfect presents, so do have a glance at the exotic boutiques around. The items are reasonably priced, so you are sure to have a great shopping experience.
Next you will be taken to a paper umbrella production unit. A thorough process will be demonstrated to you about the making of the delicate and intricate umbrellas and other paper crafts. There is a small shop with beautiful gift items and the ground is deeply shaded and makes a comfortable tour. This is a real, indepth visit, and not just a tourist visit.
The next stop is a production unit of Lacquerware. Thailand is very famous for its Lacquerware and this stop gives one an insight into its making. The explanation and demonstration is very thorough, following which there is a wide range of items to purchase from reasonably priced goods to exotic art work. It is a fun place to browse and you will most certainly take something back home. It would have been a fun filled day and a greater insight into Thailand, and you will definitely have a heavier suitcase to take back home
Inclusions for Half Day Chiang Mai Home Industries Tour
- Roundtrip transfers on shared basis from centrally located hotels in Chiang Mai
- Services of an English speaking guide throughout the tour
Exclusions for Half Day Chiang Mai Home Industries Tour
- Tips or gratuities
- Personal expenditure
- 35THB Per Person fuel Cost
- 8.3013.00 Pick up from Hotel
- Pickup from your hotel in Chiang Mai. 830am
- Drive out of Chiang Mai towards Sankampeng.
- Visit gem production
- Visit Thai silk production
- Visit Paper umbrella production
- Visit Laquerware production
- Visit wood and silverware production
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai. 1200 Noon
- 13.00 18.00 Drop back to hotel
A fix charge of 35THB perPAX has to be done locally at the time of tour for fuel expense.
Roundtrip transfers on shared basis from centrally located hotels in Chiang Mai
Transfer vehicle will wait for a maximum of 10 minutes for passengers. Transfer once missed will not be provided again.
Minimum 2 Pax required For Booking
Minimum 2 Paxequired For Booking
Please carry a copy of your booking voucher to be presented to the tour guidedriver on the day of the tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days 72 hours of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private: Full-Day Long Neck Village and Lahu Hill Tribes with Boat Trip Tour From Chiang Mai
- From Chiang Mai: Home Industries Half Day Tour
- Private Full-Day Doi Inthanon National Park Chiang Mai Including 2-Hour Trekking and Lunch
- ATV Jungle Adventure from Chiang Mai
- Private: Amazing Chiang Mai Local Tour Including Sticky Bao Tong Waterfalls and Karen Long Neck Village
- Private Half-Day Hmong Doi Pui Village and Doi Suthep from Chiang Mai