OverviewExplore the beautiful wine region of Chianti on a half-day scenic tour from Florence, and enjoy a Tuscan landscape of gently rolling hills and vineyards, studded with cypress trees. Taste superb Chianti wines and Tuscan products during the journey.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
Start your day in Pisa and meet our driver with shuttle service to Florence. Upon arrival at 9:00 there is a walking tour of Florence (1h30min) to let you explore the main roads and admire the stunning monuments of the city while our guide will tell interesting anecdotes and history of Florence.. After, you’ll have free time to walk around or to visit museums, shops before the departure of the tour.
At 2:45 pm you’ll start the Chianti tour in which you’ll visit the beautiful region of Chianti with us and immerse yourselves in the picturesque Tuscan scenery that you have always imagined. The beautiful ruby-red colour and the characteristic bouquet with scents of violet are the special features that reveal the identity of one of the most famous wines in the world: Chianti. This wine results from the wise blend of Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, and originates from the hilly area from which it draws its name. We will lead you to the discovery of the breathtaking, uncontaminated landscapes that have been cradling the Chianti vineyards for centuries, presenting you a harmony of colours that can only be found in the hills of this region. The sounds, scents and flavours of this land will capture your senses through a unique experience that you will live, relish and comprehend by visiting ancient churches, medieval castles and small villages where the rhythm of life remains unaltered over time. The tour continues with a visit to a charming wine estate where you will take part in a guided tour of the wine cellars in order to gain insight into the various stages of wine production and in a tasting of the various wines that the winery produces, paired with samples of sliced cured meats, bruschetta and salami.
During the tour you will see the characteristic fortress of Monteriggioni. There you will find some shops specialized in typical Tuscan products, as well as elegant cafés where you can stop and enjoy a coffee or a gelato. Subsequently, the tour includes a second tasting of olive oil and wine in another local winery.
After the tour will take you back to Florence and at 9:00 pm there is our shuttle service to go back to Pisa
Inclusions for Half-Day Chianti Afternoon Tour From Pisa
- Free shuttle service from/to Pisa
- Travel by GT coach or minivan
- Walking tour of Florence (introductory tour)
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Wine, oil and balsamic vinegar tasting
- Snack with sliced cured meats including typical salami
- Self-guided tour of the Monteriggioni fortress
Exclusions for Half-Day Chianti Afternoon Tour From Pisa
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pickup and drop-off from/to accommodation to meeting point in Pisa
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs.
Clients must kindly reach the meeting point in Florence from Pisa via shuttle service provided by supplier.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.