OverviewThis half-day tour combines 2 programs into half a day, showcasing 3 of Bangkok's famous temples and the Grand Palace, former home of the Kings of Thailand. This is a must do tour whilst visiting Bangkok.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
We offer this tour in the morning and afternoon. Our guide and driver pick you up from your hotel in Bangkok for 3.5 hours of getting an impression of the most stunning temples of Bangkok and the Grand Palace, Bangkok’s well-known building that breaths grandeur.
Our tour commences at the temple with the invaluable Golden Buddha. Located in Bangkok’s thriving Chinatown district, Wat Trimitr (also called Wat Traimit) is best known as the home of the largest known solid gold Buddha image in the world. Standing at 15 feet tall and weighing in at approximately 5.5 tons, this 700-year old statue has an interesting history.
Driving through Chinatown, we arrive shortly at the grounds of Wat Po. This large and extensive temple neighbors the Grand Palace enclave and contains a gigantic gold plated Reclining Buddha, some 46 meters long and 15 meters high, with beautifully inlaid mother-of-pearl soles. Considered to be one of the worlds’ most famous temples, Wat Pho is also regarded as the first center of public education and is sometimes called ‘Thailand’s first university’.
Situated close to the Chao Phraya, Bangkok’s River of Kings, the Grand Palace occupies nearly one square mile. The former royal residence of the Chakri Kings, the palace is the perfect example of an ancient Siamese court. Built in 1782 by King Rama I, it was the center of power for more than 150 years. Today, the palace is Bangkok's major landmark and most popular tourist attraction and is often used for the occasional ceremony. The interiors of most of the buildings in the Grand Palace are closed to the public.
After this introduction to Thai Buddhist temples and the home of the former Kings of Thailand, we bring you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Half Day City And Temples Tour Including Grand Palace In Bangkok
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (central locations only)
- Entrance fees for the temples and the Grand Palace
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Half Day City And Temples Tour Including Grand Palace In Bangkok
- Personal expenses and gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
As we enter various religious buildings, we ask our customers to dress appropriately such as long trousers / skirt and shoulders covered. It is recommended to wear shoes that can be easily taken off as some parts of the temples it is required to take off your shoes.
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
We regret that we are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments. We advise you kindly to head on your own arrangement to the nearest hotel inside the downtown Bangkok area.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.