Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels From Ho Chi Minh City By Luxury Speedboat
OverviewZip along the Saigon River by luxury speedboat to the Cu Chi Tunnels, round-trip from Ho Chi Minh City. Select an early or late morning departure and enjoy a peek at traditional life along the riverbanks on this half-day tour. Then descend underground with a guide into a vast network built by resourceful guerrilla fighters during the Vietnam War to provide supply routes, food and weapon caches, living quarters and hospitals. Breakfast and lunch, or dinner (depending on departure selection), and unlimited refreshments are included with round-trip transport. Numbers are limited to 14 to ensure a personalized experience on this small-group tour.
- All entrance fees included
- Breakfast included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Dinner included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free drinks included
- Instant Confirmation
- Lunch included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Small-group tour
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide and small group upon hotel pickup in the early or late morning (depending on selected departure time) and transfer by air-conditioned vehicle to Ho Chi Minh Pier. Then board a luxury speedboat made of high-quality teak and sink into soft furnishings as your vessel slips away. Relax like a VIP while your captain effortlessly speeds you over the Saigon River toward the countryside and to the infamous Cu Chi Tunnels. Within 15 minutes, the banks of the river change from city sprawl to lush jungle.
Take advantage of great photo ops of life along the riverbanks as your eco-friendly boat navigates the shallow, jungle-fringed canals past water hyacinths, leaving a small wake that minimizes any impact on the local environment. During the 1-hour journey, your knowledgeable guide explains rural traditions and aspects of life along the waterway.
Depending on departure option selected, enjoy unlimited refreshments with a light breakfast of sandwiches or pastries, fresh tropical fruits and Vietnamese iced coffee, or enjoy a late-morning snack, served on board.
Arrive at the historic Cu Chi Tunnels before the larger bus groups, then watch a short introductory documentary before you follow your guide into the winding, underground network. You have approximately 2 hours to explore the Cu Chi site, which includes weapon and booby-trap exhibitions.
Inside the narrow passageway of an authentic Viet Cong tunnel part of a 75-mile-long (121-km) complex now preserved as a war memorial park visit different underground bunkers featuring kitchens, meeting rooms, ammunition depots and hospitals. View a bullet-riddled tank and discover secret entrances hidden by fake termite mounds and other ingenious disguises. Learn how the VC defended the tunnels from American bombs and infiltrators, and marvel at a huge crater formed by an American B-52 bomber.
Try the local cassava root that sustained Viet Cong guerrilla fighters for years during the Vietnam War (known in Vietnam as the American War) and attempt to imagine what living here was like. After your tour, you can feast on fried spring rolls, chicken and beef dishes, and soup as you enjoy an authentic, traditional Vietnamese lunch by the river. If youve selected the later tour, youll enjoy a provided dinner.
After your meal, depart Cu Chi and return by speedboat to Ho Chi Minh City. Upon arrival at the central pier, you will be driven back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels From Ho Chi Minh City By Luxury Speedboat
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Transport by luxury speedboat
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Unlimited refreshment and local fruits on board
- Lunch (11 am departures)
- Breakfast (7 am departures)
Exclusions for Half-Day Cu Chi Tunnels From Ho Chi Minh City By Luxury Speedboat
- Optional activities such as shooting range (minimum age 18)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. A surcharge may applied for any special meal accommodations
A light jacket is recommended between November and February
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Cai Be Floating Market Day Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
- Half-Day Good Morning Ho Chi Minh City Tour
- Long Tan and Nui Dat Vietnam and Australian Battlefield Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
- Private Mekong Delta and Cu Chi Tunnels Full-Day Trip
- Saigon River Breakfast Cruise in Ho Chi Minh City
- Day Trip to Can Tho and Cai Rang Floating Market from Ho Chi Minh City