Half-Day Dili Cultural TourWrite a Review
Travel through Dili just like a local, aboard one of the beeping microlets that stop and start wherever a fare flags! Your guided half-day small group tour will pass through the cityâs CBD as you see some of Diliâs most notable sites aboard a truly local ride.
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
You’ll start your guided half-day Dili tour with an easy walk through Largo de Lecidere Park, along shaded pathways as you pass by the local fruit markets until you reach the Gembel Art Collective. Here you’ll have time to browse the exhibition hall and even meet the local artists all working on-site.
From there, you’ll jump on a microlet — the minibuses that are the preferred local form of public transport. You’ll ride alongside locals who are going about their day and who are always surprised to see a “Malay” (foreigner) — don’t be surprised if a few locals want to practice their English on you and tell you all about themselves!
The next stop on our Dili tour will be the PNTL (National Police Memorial) that honours the 12 police officers who were killed during 2006 Dili crisis. You’ll then take a short walk along the busy Vila Verde Road to the Dili Cathedral, before hopping on your next microlet ride. From there, it’s on to Dili’s main street, Comoro Road, and the Manleuana local markets. Here you’ll find hundreds of traders selling everything from fresh produce to plants, clothing, crafts and household items. Spend some time browsing the market, where you’re free to grab a cold drink or snack at one of the many stalls serving the locals.
Take another short walk to a local school, where you’ll get the chance to chat with some students learning English. Help them practice their conversation skills before hopping on the next microlet that’s eagerly awaiting.
Head for Timor Plaza, Dili’s newest feature on the skyline and the city’s only western-style shopping centre. There’s a great photo opportunity here as you head up to the fifth floor and take in the panoramic view of the city and harbour.
Then, back on the roadside you’ll flag another microlet that’s heading back toward the CBD. Travel along the waterfront on the Dili Esplanade that’s lined with foreign embassies and government offices.
The last stop will be in the historical Motael area, where you’ll walk past sites such as the Farol Lighthouse, the Dili Massacre Memorial, the Motael Church, the Statue of Integration, the Government Palace, and the Casa Europa.
Inclusions for Half-Day Dili Cultural Tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- All transport
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Half-Day Dili Cultural Tour
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring sun protection (sunscreen, hat, etc).
This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour.
A maximum of 12 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.