Half Day Dong Ho Painting Village(with Lunch) - Hanoi
OverviewDong Ho paintings are places for artists to reflect their wishes for lucks and their perception of everyday life in the village. Common themes that are found consistently include animals (which has goodluck symbol on them), everyday life (such as Jealous Fight or A Market Day), and folk tales (Saint Giong or The Frog Teacher). The paper used for the painting is made from bark tree so that the texture can retain color for a long time. Each family develops their own mold for the painting. Each mold are then replicated and filled with a separate share of color. The paintings are made by stamping the mold into the paper, one at a time to add more and more color to the picture. Dong Ho paintings are simple, meaningful and created for the mass. Patrons use to come from agricultural and low-income families, some of them are illiterate and can not afford other more exquisite art works. But the meaning is the paintings is, by no means, sub-par.
Know More about this tour
Visit the idyllic Dong Ho Painting village of 45km from Hanoi city. Visit the home of the Che great master of the living national treasure of Don Ho painting that has been transmitted from 1,400 years ago, and you can listen how to make the Don Ho painting and enjoy studio tour.You can also the experience it and buy souvenirs. It reflects both reality and dream of the people.
Dong Ho these days has also expanded its tradition, and many new products have taken form, among them xyloglyphics and combined-medium works.
08:00 Depart from hotel
09:00 Arrive at Dong Ho village, then visit to printmaking studio
10:30 Return to Hanoi
11:30 Old Town stroll
12:30 Arrive at hotel
Inclusions for Half Day Dong Ho Painting Village(with Lunch)
- -English speaking guide
Exclusions for Half Day Dong Ho Painting Village(with Lunch)
- -Gratuities (optional)
- -Personal expenses
- -Other services not mentioned above.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Hotline: +84 914 462 848
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.