An expert guide will accompany you on a 4 hour walking tour in the heart of the historic food center of Rome, from Campo de Fiori to Trastevere where you will taste the best of Italian cuisine. Your small-group (maximum size of 12) will be stopping in local eateries that produce only the highest quality traditional foods and serve only excellent Italian wines before heading to a a cozy Roman 'trattoria' for a superb locally sourced, mouth watering supper.
- Small-group tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Ideal choice for families
Know More about this tour
After heading to the meeting spot for the 5:30pm departure time, your group will depart on this 4 hour walking tour from the most vibrant and dynamic square in Rome: Campo de’ Fiori. Here, among bustling cafés and street musicians you will meet your guide. Just in time for the Italian 'aperitivo' you will be tasting a selection of artisanal Italian salamis, so special they have protected geographical indication (PGI). This will be accompanied of course by your first taste on this excursion of the country’s notoriously fine wine.
As you stroll through the city center, your guide will be divulging the strange and wonderful history of the area before you taste your next culinary delight: cheese. The historic shop we will be visiting also contains only PGI protected cheeses of various Italian origins and will be complimented by a carefully selected wine. They will also be providing us with a must try Roman specialty: fried salted cod or ‘baccalà fritto’.
Immersion into local cuisine will continue with a tasting of two other typically Roman foods: pizza ‘at the slice’ and supplì. Your guide will be taking you to two eateries that specialize in the production of these scrumptious Italian foods, where these new tastes and aromas will be an unforgettable novelty for your palate.
After a walk to digest these tasty delicacies, you will almost be ready for supper in one of the coziest restaurants in Trastevere. Known for the quality of its food, this quarter is considered to have the best restaurants in Rome. Here, your group will be tasting an exquisite Roman antipasto and two first courses, accompanied by two different Italian wines of protected production and origin. Finally you will finish the tour in Trastevere by trying some delicious locally made Italian ice cream in flavors typical of this famous ice cream shop or ‘gelateria’. Your tour will then be concluded around 9:30pm.
By the end of the tour, not only will you feel content and full of excellent food and wine, you will have immersed yourself in Italian cuisine, a fundamental part of life in Rome. You will feel far more a part of the city than you ever would have imagined you could be.
Inclusions for Half-Day Food And Wine Tasting Tour In Rome
- Cost of all food and wine
- Expert guide
Exclusions for Half-Day Food And Wine Tasting Tour In Rome
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Small group (maximum of 12)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.