OverviewDiscover the spectacular mountain of Montserrat on this half day tour by a comfortable bus and expert guide who will explain you the fascinating history of this unique mountain near Barcelona. An incomparable place not to be missed!
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide, who will be holding an orange umbrella, outside of the tourist office in Placa Catalunya. Here, you'll board an air-conditioned coach for the 1-hour drive to Montserrat.
Travel through villages traversed by the Llobregat River (Catalonia’s second longest) before arriving at Montserrat, a mountain famed for jutting peaks that soar to heights of 4,051 feet (1,234 meters).
On arrival in Montserrat, you’ll embark on a guided tour of its monastery, basilica and museum. Then, you'll have two hours of free time to explore Montserrat independently.
Opt to visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat — known for its 12th century carving of the Lady of Montserrat (the Black Virgin). Explore the mountain’s pathways, stairs, caves and hermitages and see Montserrat’s 1000-year-old monastery. Montserrat's museum is also home to a library of nearly 300,000 volumes and a museum with paintings by El Greco, Picasso and Dalí, among others.
Afterward, meet back up with your guide and group for the journey back to Barcelona. Your driver will take an alternative route so that you can enjoy additional scenery and entertain you with recordings of traditional Catalan music.
Inclusions for Half Day Guided Montserrat Tour In Barcelona
- Tour in English or French with a local expert guide
- Comfortable air conditioned coach with panoramic windows
Exclusions for Half Day Guided Montserrat Tour In Barcelona
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Montserrat is a bit colder than Barcelona city: bring layers
This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.