Half-day Guided Tour Of Mantua City Centre And Ducal Palace
OverviewDiscover Mantua, Unesco World Heritage Site since 2008 and 2016 Italian capital of culture. Join this engaging 3-hours tour and explore Mantua city centre and the Ducal Palace, one of Italy's greatest treasures, with a professional private local guide. Mantua surprises its visitors by her exceptional character: Small but spectacular, from every corner the city of Mantua offers an encounter with history and beauty. Visit Mantua, where artistic wonders, great food and sheer beauty conspire to make life sweeter.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourMantua is surrounded by a beautiful environment, in which water and earth are unexpectedly interwoven. Settled by the Etruscans the city enjoyed a position of status in the early modern world. 1198 the city optimized the Mincio river, creating the so-called 'four lakes'.
From the Middle Ages Mantua was ruled by the art-loving Gonzaga dynasty, one of Italy's most important patrons of Renaissance art. The Gonzagas long cultivated a court which included some of the most illustrious artists and intellectuals of the 15th and 16th century like Pisanello, Mantegna, Correggio, Giulio Romano, Rubens and Monteverdi. It is impossible to go to any of the world's great public galleries and museums without finding a picture, a jewel or a precious object that once formed part of the Gonzaga collection in Mantua, a collection completely dispersed in 1630 when Mantua was seized by the Habsburg family.
Discover the Ducal Palace and the rooms, still painted with frescos, where these treasures were displayed and kept. The tour starts close to one of the small lakes of Mantua in the city centre and it goes through the main city squares, Piazza Sordello, Piazza Broletto, Piazza delle Erbe and Piazza Mantegna surrounded by beautiful medieval buildings and churches like the romanesque round church of Saint Lawrence and the great Sant'Andrea Basilica planned by L.B.Alberti.
The tour continues with the visit of the Gonsagas' ducal palace and the famous camera degli Sposi (bridal chamber) painted by Mantegna in Saint George castle.
Inclusions for Half-day Guided Tour Of Mantua City Centre And Ducal Palace
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Half-day Guided Tour Of Mantua City Centre And Ducal Palace
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entrance fees (No entrance fees in the city centre while entrance fee for ducal palace and Saint George castle 13,00/each)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.