OverviewSantiago is surrounded by hundreds of summits which allow outdoors sports activities year round. Take a challenging hike to one of the greatest summits close to the city.
Mount Alto del Naranjo of 6200 feet, will give you a new air to your day. You will see amazing views to the high peaks of the Central Andes, like Mount Plomo at 18,000 feet, and the huge Iver Glacier. On the other side, you'll face west and discover terrific views of Santiago City at 1000m below you.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Small group ensures personal service
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour day begins with an 8 am pickup from your Santiago hotel or another prearranged meeting point. Greet your guide and small group (a maximum of 12 people), board the vehicle, and travel around 40-minutes to the beginning of the hike.
After about an hour of walking, the path continues along the edge, offering views from both the east and west sides. Just after 11 am, you reach the summit. Take some time here to soak up the views of the Andes Range and Mount Plomo before beginning your descent.
Your tour concludes with a drop-off back at your hotel at around 1:40pm.
Inclusions for Half-Day Hiking In The Andes From Santiago
- Private transportation
- Guides: One guide for every four clients
- Hiking poles
- Snack (isotonic juice and granola bars)
- VHF Radio and Satellite Phone
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Airport pickup and drop-off (at extra expense)
Exclusions for Half-Day Hiking In The Andes From Santiago
- Personal clothing (check "Gear")
- Small backpack (rent available)
- Personal insurance
- $30 USD fee for airport pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Warning: For some people, this is a difficult and intense hiking. Of course, this will feel different depending on your shape and if you are used to hiking.
In summer some parts of the path have loose gravel making the descend slippery. We provide hiking poles for a better balance and encourage to bring hiking shoes.
Please note: This activity could include hiking in irregular terrain, sudden changes of weather, and walking under strong sun, and is challenging for people who are not used to hiking. In the spring and summer, there is loose gravel on the path. Hiking poles for better balance will be provided.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.