Half-Day Historical Porto Tour
OverviewDiscover one of the most beautiful cities in Portugal, and one of the oldest of Europe. Porto is recognized by the unique historical center, churches, monuments, places, gastronomy, landscapes, and obviously the famous Port Wine. Travel through centuries of history and tradition and enjoy a half-day guided mini bus tour though this memorable city, visiting the remarkable historical centre. See the most important monuments and in the end visit a wine cellar where you will be able to taste Port Wine.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourThis City Tour begins at Pena Ventosa, known as the birthplace of Porto, with a visit to the Cathedral, built in the 12th century. After that visit So Bento Railway Station, inaugurated in 1916. The main characteristic is the interior of the station, covered by tiles that represent important moments of Portugal history and culture.
The tour continues with a visit to one of the most beautiful bookstores in the world, known as Lello Bookstore; beyond being one of the most beautiful, the bookstore is also famous because of the Harry Potter books! The author inspire herself on the stairs and the architecture of the bookstore to write the books.
After visit this wonderful bookstore, the tour provides you with lots of information about many streets and places in the historic center, recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will learn more about important places such as Santa Catarina Batalha Square, Street, the gorgeous Majestic Caf, the Bolho Market, and Aliados Avenue.
At the end of your tour, you'll visit a wine cellar and get to know more about the process of this famous wine. You will have the chance to learn more about how this national drink is produced, bottled, sold, and tasted, then enjoy a tasting of your own.
The half-day tour ends with the drop off around 1pm (for the morning tour) or at 6:00pm (afternoon tour).
Inclusions for Half-Day Historical Porto Tour
- Porto Wine Cellar- Visit and Tasting
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup
Exclusions for Half-Day Historical Porto Tour
- Hotel drop off
- Monument entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
The cruise is under the responsibility of the cruise operator (subject to weather and navigation conditions)
Usually our tours run in one language but there are cases of one extras language or more.
Tours run in samll groups between 8 and 30 people
Duration: the hours of duration are approximate hours, The Tour is subject to local traffic, visit schedules, etc
Pick up: Free of charge in central Oporto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels. For private and other types of accommodation the meeting point is at LIVING TOURS PORTO (Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 352/354 Porto) - next to So Bento train station, Porto
Reservation is mandatory and requires na emai request/confirmation. Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours befor the date of the servisse. Cancellations within 48 hours or less will be fully charged.
All tours depart from Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia
The services included in the tours/wine estate visits, restaurants, etc) are subject to 3rd party availability and may change without prior notice
When you book a tour with opcional/extra activities the transportation in between and/or return to the hotel is not included.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Porto Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with Optional River Cruise and Wine Tasting
- Wine Tour of the Vinho Verde Region from Porto Including Lunch
- Guimares and Braga - Small group tour with lunch from Porto
- Into the North - Small Group Wine Tastings Tour
- Food, Wine and Olive Oil Walking Tour in Porto
- Fatima and Coimbra Day Trip from Porto